The coldness of Watchtowerism thread

by Brummie 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Brummie,

I so understand how you feel. My mom made all the meetings, but never went out in service. My Dad was a double amputee and going blind. After my Dad died, my grandfather had a stroke. He moved in with my Mom and I. He died in October. Now just a couple of years apart, one on Oct. 4 the other Oct. 5th, she lost her husband and dad. I am still waiting for someone to call my mother and ask her how she is. She is in her 60s.

Here is one more story. 10 1/2 yrs ago I lost one of my children. To say I lost my mind would be an understatement. After the service, I stayed with my sister for two weeks. I had two older children, and I was in no shape to care for them. When I came home, I was told that the ones in the congregation would have helped me if I just hung around. Since I ran away, don't look for them to help me. Talk about love. (and yes, I was dumb enough to stay for another 10+ yrs.)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Mustang :JW's are spiritually bankrupt and without any semblance of divine guidance or Holy Spirit.

Well said !

Sorry to hear that (((Momofmany)))

• blondie
    blondie

I had a discussion with the elders about funerals and the lack of support. It is embarrassing to go to the funeral of a non-JW relative and have your relatives say, "Where are your friends from your congregation?" How to explain that no one sent a card to you. How to prove to them with this that when it comes to showing love JWs are outstanding? You would not believe the excuses. That was about when I started posting here.

Where is the love?

Blondie

• avengers
    avengers

When my granddaughter died of a congenital heart disease and bloodtransfusion issue (which is now over a year ago) the elders promised to come and see me.
    They said they would come and support my family who was grief stricken.

Until now; nada, nothing, zilch. It's not the fact I want them to come and see me. I'd rather not see them at all.
    But then don't say you are coming over for a shepherdly visit.

Let's see how many years it will take to keep their word.

waiting waiting waiting waiting. It's like Armageddon and 1975.

waiting waiting.

Andy.

• shamus
    shamus

Let me list it off...

A young guy who fell into the depths of depression, that's me, and nobody would say one god dammed thing to me. I was bad assosiation. Not one word of support.

When my land lord and fellow witness died, my friends never called me to tell me that she died, and I missed her funeral.

When I asked an elder for help, and he never ever got back to me.

When I was lonely, and they always said "Do more, do more".

When I left and nobody cared.

They are, without a doubt, the biggest examples of hypocrites that I have ever seen. I am sorry to all who have suffered at the hands of this cult.

Brian.

• mustang
    mustang

"Where is the love?

Blondie"

As my brother said @ a family JW funeral: "we were shown more love by our ‘pagan’ cousins!!!!" I got three lectures from eLDERS on ‘coming back...’ at the funeral. That funeral was a place for my grief, not a place for a lecture. THERE WILL BE NO MORE JW FUNERALS FOR ME.

frenchbabyface :

"So I dedicate this thread to the coldness of the Watchtower, if you have a story of their coldness do share for others to read, doesnt have to be about death."

Tnx, Brummie, I had my rant

So, ((((Brummie)))) & condolences for your loss.

Mustang

• Banshee
    Banshee

((((((Brummie & mom)))))) So sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

OK...How is this for cold?:

I was raped when I was eighteen years old. The "loving shepherds" told me that I deserved having been raped because I had been rebellious toward my parents. What Christian love, huh?

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

((((Brummie)))) God, they treated you abominably. I'm so sorry for all you've had to deal with. It's true, you're not alone, that damned cult promised so much love and delivered none, and hearing stories like this reminds me of why I left, and why I'll try to help as many others to find the way out, as well. Those hypocrites don't deserve to call themselves a faith or a religion, and every time they act this way they show their evil. Please don't let their actions hurt you.

• JH
    JH

(((Brummie)))

I'm sorry that they treated you and your family this way. When newcomers join the Watchtower, they think that it's a loving organization, that would do everything, even give their lives, in order to help a member.

They only give conditional love, and sometimes not even. There is no love in the organization, only fear.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I agree, when you're new you think it's such a great place to be. But as with people, the longer you know them the more you know of their true nature, so it is the same with the Watchtower. The more insane things you see, the more unchristian things you see, the more you see the members acting like hypocrits, the more you see how fake everyone really is...just stick around and you will see things that make you shake with fury.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit