The coldness of Watchtowerism thread

by Brummie 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brummie
    Brummie

When my dad died on November 9th none of my JW family turned to comfort my mother, no phone calls no cards no words of comfort. its over a month now and still they havent made any contact. It doesnt really matter since they are all JWs on my moms side but dads side of the family are catholic so they were all there to give the strength needed to cope. I'd have thought at least one of moms family would have made contact just to say "sorry to hear" etc.

My mom is not disfellowshiped or Dis'assed, she is still recognised as a JW though very inactive, the reason this bugs me is because during my dads terminal illness a JW would phone every so often and ask mom if my dad had died yet? (I posted about this before). When mom told them he hadnt died yet they would ask her what she is going to do when he does? After all, he would get a resurrection and she wouldnt if she did not return to meetings! The emotional blackmail would have me fuming but I never took it any further. Now my dad has died there are no phone calls and it seems they have lost the carrot they had to scare her with not seeing her husband again in the new system. That was mental cruelty, scaring a woman over 60 yrs old with such cold threats, as if she didnt have enough to worry about while her partner of 45 years was suffering and dying...ugh

A none JW family member phoned the JW family to let them know my dad had died and when the funeral would be, to make themselves look good they replied by saying they would send a card to mom, of course they never did, it was just a show to make their org look caring and good.

Anyhow, point is, what a cold heartless religion it is, if anything they have demonstrated just how much the Watchtower has to offer people.....absolutly nothing.

So I dedicate this thread to the coldness of the Watchtower, if you have a story of their coldness do share for others to read, doesnt have to be about death.

Brummie

• mouthy
    mouthy

I agree Brummie ...They are so judgemental & cold. I was so sorry to hear that none had comforted your Mother. But they did it to me also. My hubby was never a JW.but before he died he had spoken to an elder ( my JW daughter had asked him to visit her Dad as he was dying)He came twice ..... Frank ( my hubby) had told this elder Perry! he KNEW I was a Christian & wanted to be buried by the JWs...... ( of course none of us realized at that time ,I was NOT a Christian) but Perry offered to take the funeral talk .NO JW turned up!!! except ! one of my best friends. I was not DF or DA at the time . Perry was working in a factory where a dear friend of my hubby worked also- but this friend used to make fun of the JWs....Of course I was NOT impressed with that. But Perry KNEW that Jack( the friend) would be attending the funeral home talk -& he started the talk half an hour before he was supposed to- so Jack couldnt hear it. he came in as it was nearly over.....But let us be honest....How can they show what they havent got?LOVE!!!!
    How is your Mum doing now????? Give her a hug from me((((((Hug))

• Brummie
    Brummie

grrr it gets me a tad angry when I read this, but you are bang on, how can they show what they havent got?

Thing is a lot of them knew dad, he was always very good to them despite the fact that they ruined his idea of family life, no christmas, birthdays, social gatherings etc. Still he always welcomed them and looked after them when they came by. Yet none of them return the favour.

Sorry you were treated similar.

Mom is doing ok thanks, still trying to deal with it but baring up.

Brummie

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sorry to hear my favorite kitty is a little miffed!

Now being the reactionary little f**k that I am I would sent all these thoughtless, pond scum, duds sympathy cards! That's right, sympathy cards, with little notes written in them saying something like,"Sorry for the loss of your compassion!, or Sorry for your loss of true christain fellow feeling!" etc. You get my drift.

The lack of any genuine christian feeling and compassion is mortifying! But what do you expect from a Corporation pretending to be a religion and book peddlers playing christians.

Your friend, Maverick

• uriah
    uriah

When my daughter decided not to come to the meetings anymore we were at a DA and our 'friends' were up-beat about it saying we could have more in the new system. In their eyes she was dead already, despite her being their children's friend for 17 years. Glad I am out

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

When my Mother died, [she was a dubber for show] most of the dubbers did not say anything to us[me and my family as we are not in the religion any more]

the only thing they do once in a while is to stop by and ask if they can help us get back to meetings.

and when I told them that I did not believe in the religon any more and gave them the 607 bce and many other reasons, now I only get 2 elders coming around to get me to trip up and say this is not hovas org. on earth.

I wont give it to them even though I would love to slam them in their faces..

I just ask questions that I have read or heard, never that I think this or that. they can hang me but ill be damed if I am suppling the rope.

• Scully
    Scully

(((( Brummie )))) & (((( Brummie's mum ))))

Love, Scully

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

(((Brummie)))) Some things we just can't change.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    That was mental cruelty, scaring a woman over 60 yrs old with such cold threats, as if she didnt have enough to worry about while her partner of 45 years was suffering and dying

"For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty but you gave me nothing to drink. I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.' Then they also will answer with the words, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?' Then he will answer them with the words, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.'" -- Matthew 25:42-45, New World Translation

"What you do speaks so loudly, I cannot hear what you're saying." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• acsot
    acsot

Brummie I'm so sorry for the lack of love you and your mum have experienced. What a bunch of f&?king hypocrites - the "only organization where there's true love". Makes me sick to think of how many battered and bruised souls are out there due to this fricking cult.

(((Brummie and mum)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit