Senators Told Iraq Had WOMD & Delivery Capability

by Satanus 85 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Lucid,

Rice admited no such thing...she said it was an unfounded story...which is WAY different than saying false.

SS,

Your articles fail to mention that Wilson is a rabid democrat with a political ax to grind...or did I miss that.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru

a rabid democrat with a political ax to grind

No, you didn't miss that, because i never said that. I don't know a real lot about wilson, but i know that in the minds of many people, not just lefty americans, but europeans and british, bush and the bush dynasty, niel, marvin, george herbert walker and prescot would be rabid republicans w a political axe to grind. Perspective comes into it, don't you think?

Consider how the bush admin retaliated against wilson, by blowing the cover of her field organiser cia agent wife. If wilson broke the law/lied, don't you think he could have been dealt w through legal channels? If he screwed up, exceeding his mandate, couldn't he have been disciplined directly? What is the democratic way?

SS

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"""Nelson said he couldn't reveal who in the administration gave the briefing.""

lol.........

• Satanus
    Satanus

TiChi

Long time no see. Specops?

Last lines

Sen. Bob Graham, who voted against using military force in Iraq, didn't return phone calls concerning the briefing. Spokespersons for Reps. Dave Weldon and Tom Feeney said neither congressman could say if they had received similar briefings since they don't comment on classified information.

Classified?

SS

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Good to see you too...

You prove my point, just enough information to not be able to confirm nor deny this allegation?..(what?s new?)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tichi

Not so fast. I'm still digging in the dirt

The original briefing was classified but was declassified this past summer, Nelson's spokesman Dan McLaughlin said Wednesday.

http://www.floridatoday.com/topstories/121803nelson.htm

SS

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Consider how the bush admin retaliated against wilson, by blowing the cover of her field organiser cia agent wife.

Robert Novack made the revelation about Wilson's wife...which he says is a well known "secret" in Washington. It was incidental to a conversation...not the point of it...and no one except you and Wilson believe the White House revealed this info as a "get even" ploy.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Well, I stand by my first post then......where's the beef?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru

So, from whom did novak get it?

SS

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I wonder how far back you will have to dig...

Notice from President Clinton of the Continuation of Emergency
    Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction

White House Statement

November 12, 1998

(begin text)

THE WHITE HOUSE
    Office of the Press Secretary

November 12, 1998

NOTICE

CONTINUATION OF EMERGENCY REGARDING WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

On November 14, 1994, by Executive Order 12938, I declared a national emergency with respect to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States posed by the proliferation of nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons ("weapons of mass destruction") and the means of delivering such weapons. Because the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them continues to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States, the national emergency first declared on November 14, 1994, and extended on November 14, 1995, November 12, 1996, and November 13, 1997, must continue in effect beyond November 14, 1998. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622 (d)), I am continuing the national emergency declared in Executive Order 12938.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

WILLIAM J. CLINTON

THE WHITE HOUSE
    November 12, 1998

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit