Senators Told Iraq Had WOMD & Delivery Capability

by Satanus 85 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Tell ya what...let me hide a thousand bottles of 2litre cokes in California...then you go find them. Better yet...see the above...they're finding records indicating that Syria has received some of the weapons.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Guest,

Nice to hear from you again! :-)

Allgrowedyp, so that means any names that are not American sounding names are terrorits or potential terrorists?

Of course not! :-) As I stated earlier, the names they found on the manifests were either people we knew to be terrorists, or other countries knew to be terrorists. They simply ran the names from the manifests through databases of known terrorists and most of these names popped right up.

Amazing how their satellites couldn't pick up on such activity, amazing

I would have to disagree with you here. I think it would be amazing if the satellites did pick up on the 9/11 attack before hand. They weren't designed to follow specific people, hear the words they speak or know the plans they made.

Since Saddam threw out the UN inspectors, how is that that still haven't found WMD's? I mean, if they knew they were there, where did they disappear to? Did he pull a David Copperfield?

Because we live in a world of "instant gratification", there is a tendency to call the US on the carpet because we have did not find the WMDs the first day of the war, capture Saddam the first day of the war, set up a new government the first day of the war, or turn the Iraqi economy into a thriving center of commerce on the first day of the war. Of course I'm exaggerating here, but in the real world, things don't happen that way. As I said to Euph earlier, the jury is still out on this.

Guest, I took the challenge to answer all the questions you brought forth in your last two posts to me. Will you please answer some questions for me?

First, why do you think Saddam was declaring public buildings as "Presidential Palaces", which exempted these buildings from inspection?

Second and beyond (!) - what do you think about the terrorist training camp which was found outside of Baghdad? Why do you think it was there? Who do you think built it? Who do you think used it?

Your opinion is important. What do you think?

:-)

growedup

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Hi imallgrownup, thanks for the quick reply. My opinion, as you say, is just an observation. If I told you what my opinion is, it would rock you. I'm trying to get the pulse of where this thread is leading. Thus far its opinions, and I respect everyone's opinions.

I'm trying to think of the UN inspector who differed with the government's version of the WMD's. He was demeaned and smeared. The spy network of the US is totally awesome. For them not to pick up on what was going on, on Sept 11 is far fetched.

Anyways, I'll get back to you later. I have things to attend to.

Guest 77

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    My opinion, as you say, is just an observation. If I told you what my opinion is, it would rock you. I'm trying to get the pulse of where this thread is leading.

Guest, I'm new to this DB, but, this comment sounds almost like you are part of the US Government........FBI, CIA????????????

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Guest,

I understand. I shouldn't be spending time here, either. I have so many other things that require my attention right now.

I just wanted to say that I look forward to your answers to my questions. I have yet to find someone who is "on the other side of the fence" to help me see the logic in these questions differently than I see them. I would welcome your views.

Also, just to set the record straight, not everything in this thread are just "opinions." In fact, here is a link which describes the terrorist training camp in Iraq:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iraq/salman_pak.htm

And below is a passage from this site: http://www.nationalreview.com/may/may040303.asp

That Saddam has conspired with terrorists for years is no longer in doubt. The CIA has documented Saddam's terrorist training camp at Salman Pak, southeast of Baghdad, complete with an airplane fuselage in which hijackers learn their trade. Terrorist mastermind Abu Nidal called Baghdad home for years. Saddam has been a generous investor in Hamas and similar organizations. When American troops and pro-American Kurdish partisans stormed an Ansar al-Islam camp in northern Iraq a few days ago, evidence of al Qaeda links were all over the place. And in testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee on February 11, Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet stated plainly: "Iraq has in the past provided training in document forgery and bomb-making to al Qaeda. It also provided training in poisons and gasses to two al Qaeda associates."

Again, I'm looking forward to hearing from you again. Please be sure to pm me when you respond, I want to make sure I don't miss it!

Thanks!

growedup

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Yeru, your comparing Saddam's WMD to coke bottles? When did they find these records 'indicating' that Syria received some of the weapons? Sorry, how much of the news reporting is factual and supposition?

My question was simple, why haven't they found them, they had ample time. This subject is getting to be like a dog chasing his tail !!!!!

Why didn't Saddam use the chemicals against the US. I mean the US gave blankets to the Indians infested with smallpox! What justification do you have for the United States treating the Native American Indians as they did? How many treaties did the US keep with the Indians?

Guest 77

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    the US gave blankets to the Indians infested with smallpox! What justification do you have for the United States treating the Native American Indians as they did? How many treaties did the US keep with the Indians?

I guess when you have no logical argument, the next best thing is to drudge up ancient history. Never mind back then the citizens of the US were recent European immigrants.

What many don't realize and refuse to acknowledge, is that they aren't seeking multiple square miles of stockpiled weapons. What is being sought would fit well within an average two car garage. A vial of live botulinium toxin was found too as well as numerous documents outlining the program and the methods of deception being used against ones like Hans Blix who also failed to see North Koreas nuclear program being built right under his nose.

Still, even Hans Blix stated that if they were destroyed as claimed, Saddam needed to give evidence of that for verification. Saddam never did. Resolution 1441 gave Saddam 30 days to produce the evidence or submit the weapons or face grave consequences. He didn't submit them and ended up facing grave consequences. He had 12 years to provide evidence of their destruction and refused to do so. He only has himself to blame.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

DakotaRed ancient history? My, my, my. Their still doing it, but through legislation!!!!!

Roger Williams of Rholde Island can provide you some insight about the treatment of Native people including how he was treated by the locals in Boston. Ancient history, thanks for the laugh!!

Guest 77

• logansrun
    logansrun

If Saddam had WoMD why didn't he use them in a final blaze of glory against the Americans?

Oh, because he gave them away to other groups before the US invasion, you reply? Well, then that would mean the US invasion did nothing but precipate that action by Iraq hence only exacerbating the problem.

Or maybe he didn't really have them and this entire war is just about American corporate hegemony.

Bradley

• IronGland
    IronGland
    this entire war is just about American corporate hegemony.

That would be pretty sweet, as an American.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit