Senators Told Iraq Had WOMD & Delivery Capability

by Satanus 85 Replies latest social current

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    growedup:
    Since you didn't voice this opinion, you just passed it along, I feel comfortable in saying that this sounds pretty lame to me. If he really wanted the "peace and security" that having WMD affords, he'd have been telling everyone he had them - he wouldn't have been denying it. In fact, I think he would have gloated about it even if saying he had them was a bald-faced lie.

I'd actually have to disagree. If Saddam openly admitted having WMDs, France and Germany would have no choice but to support an invasion. So he was trying to play a balancing game... keeping the threat of WMDs as a deterrent, without scaring the world badly enough to make them call his bluff.

I'm not saying this is definitely what happened. But it seems to me like the best fit for the evidence so far.

DakotaRed... I see that article dates back to August. Interesting rabbit-trails, but if they had led to anything by now, I'm sure the administration would have made it quite public, especially since Bush was getting flogged in the press.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*Cheers!!!*

To Hans Blix and the team of UN weapons inspectors and the 100% effective job they were doing in Iraq!!! And all for far less than 4 billion per month; a real bargain if you ask me. A billion here, 4 billion there, pretty soon your talking about real money!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Euph -

I like the respectful way you present your opinions! :-)

If Saddam openly admitted having WMDs, France and Germany would have no choice but to support an invasion.

I agree. That is just one more reason to add to my argument on why he didn't publically announce his weapons program - and why he threw the inspectors out. The even more compelling argument in this vein is why he would be worried about France and Germany. First, despite the fact that he put on the tough persona in public, he knew darn well we could beat the socks off him - so having France and Germany involved in any "skirmish" wouldn't have made any difference. Defeat by 100,000 troops versus defeat by 200,000 troops is still defeat. I think there was another reason he was worried about France and Germany, and it has to do with the "suppliers" that would be cut off if he made an announcement. We already know for a fact that both France and Russia were supplying arms to Iraq despite UN Resolutions prohibiting this activity. What we don't know at this point is the extent or type of arms they were supplying him. Again, even more reason to believe he was keeping quiet because of fear of having his supply lines cut off.

I still say it is extremely suspicious that he was declaring public buildings "Presidential Palaces" in order to exempt them from inspection, and that he threw the weapons inspectors out after adding more and more "Presidential Palaces." Obviously he was hiding something in those buildings. What could he be hiding that he wouldn't want the weapons inspectors to find? Additionally, since a terrorist training camp was discovered outside Baghdad, why was it there? Who built it? Who ran it? Why did Saddam allow it in his country?

We may never know all the answers we seek, however, I think that without any sleep for days on end, Saddam just might answer these questions for us. I will be very interested to hear what he has to say.

:-)

growedup

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    [Cheers] To Hans Blix and the team of UN weapons inspectors...

"Another matter, and one of great significance, is that many proscribed weapons and items are not accounted for,"

?If they exist they should be presented for destruction. If they do not exist, credible evidence to that effect should be presented."

"In the current situation, one would expect Iraq to be eager to comply,"

??some 300 chemical and biological samples have been collected and the destruction of approximately 50 litres of mustard gas has begun.?

"Today, three months after the adoption of resolution 1441, the period of disarmament through inspection could still be short, if 'immediate, active and unconditional cooperation' with UNMOVIC and the IAEA were to be forthcoming,"

Stated by Hans Blix, 2003, in an address to the UN General Assembly, just prior to the US led invasion of Iraq.

Euph, David Kay also reported that the stockpile of chemical weapons sought would fit inside an average 2 car garage. Still, a vial of live botulinium was found. Where are the rest? Thats what everone is wanting to know. Since everyone believed they were there prior to the invasion, the old argument not being their existence, but rather the method of disarming Saddam, where did they go is a good question.

Also in that article was a statement that some were shipped to Syria. I can see something that small being smuggled into another country without the governments knowledge.

More of David Kays public report can be read at; http://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/speeches/2003/david_kay_10022003.html

• Simon
    Simon
    If Saddam didn't have WMD or had made a decision to not persue WMD, why did he throw the first group of Weapons Inspectors out of the country?

Because they were spying?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Spying what, Simon? If they had nothing worth anything, what is there to spy?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Allgrownup, I've asked this question before and maybe you can anwser it. The claim is that Saddam had WMD, yet, with their highly powered air technology they haven't photographed any these WMD's. Forget about the pictures that Powell showed at the UN. Question. With these 'demon' inspired expressions spewing from their mouths, how is it that they were able to indenitify the bombers of the WTC, the DAY AFTER? Weapons of WMD hasn't been confirmed, yet, they knew the day after who bombed the WTC & the Pentagon!

Guest 77

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Guest,

Allgrownup, I've asked this question before and maybe you can anwser it. The claim is that Saddam had WMD, yet, with their highly powered air technology they haven't photographed any these WMD's. Forget about the pictures that Powell showed at the UN. Question. With these 'demon' inspired expressions spewing from their mouths, how is it that they were able to indenitify the bombers of the WTC, the DAY AFTER? Weapons of WMD hasn't been confirmed, yet, they knew the day after who bombed the WTC & the Pentagon!

The reason we could identify most of the WTC bombers the day after 9/11 is because the airlines have passenger manifests which list the name of each person on board each aircraft. Most of these guys used their real names, or other aliases either we or other countries were aware they used. Additionally, it took more than one day to identify several of them, but essentially, they were all known terrorists.

As far as us knowing Saddam had WMD and we were not able to see them via satellite, is because we had intelligence on the ground that knew about them. Additionally, the first group of Weapons Inspectors knew that all their weapons had not been destroyed. I'm not trying to be a smarty pants here, but honestly, it is very difficult to see a vial of botulism from space.

Euph -

Saddam couldn't hit the East Coast.

Admittedly, I have no idea which munitions have which capabilities and ranges. However, is it possible that he could have reached the east coast from one of his western allies that were illegally supplying him with arms?

Simon,

If Saddam didn't have WMD or had made a decision to not persue WMD, why did he throw the first group of Weapons Inspectors out of the country?

Because they were spying?

They probably were. However, in order to find something that someone else wants hidden, more than likely, you're going to have to employ spy tactics to find it. It's just part of the way these things work. Because the first team had been destroying banned weapons, and the inspectors themselves said there were more, I still believe that they were getting too close to what he REALLY did not want to be found, and he tossed them out because he knew he wouldn't face any serious repercussions.

May I ask you your opinion on why you think Saddam was declaring public buildings as "Presidential Palaces" which made them exempt from inspections? And also your take on the terrorist training camp that was found outside Baghdad? Why do you think it was there? Who do you think built it? Why do you think Saddam allowed it to be there?

As usual, Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!

:-)

growedup

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Here's an interesting extract from the article Dakota references above. So, sure...we should have given the UN Weapons Inspectors more time....yeah right.

Batch One: Records of Saddam’s chemical, biological and nuclear programming with notes on budgets, manpower and procurement requirements. Detailed are the Saddam regime’s plans, productions processes and timetables for WMD development as well as special programs for concealing it all from UN inspectors for twelve years. Saddam’s officials hid these thousands of documents from the United Nations Blix-ElBarardei inspection team and left them out of the voluminous “full accounting” Baghdad submitted to the UN Security Council before the war.

Batch Two: This group, which also consists of many thousands of pieces of paper, tracks the implementation of the WMD programs with time schedules and assessments of progress made in each category and inventories the stocks building up in the illegal arsenal. Scientists or engineers would often win bonuses for notable progress in their work.

Batch Three: This pile offers leads to locations where forbidden weapons may have been concealed when the records were drawn up and ways to access them, including the evidence of the transfer to Syria by Saddam’s agents of large parts of the forbidden program.

After talking in secret to the Senate Armed Services Committee, Kay declared there was a “truly amazing” deception program to throw UN weapons off the trail. We have people who participated in deceiving UN inspectors now telling us how they did it.”

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Allgrowedyp, so that means any names that are not American sounding names are terrorits or potential terrorists? Amazing how their satellites couldn't pick up on such activity, amazing.

Since Saddam threw out the UN inspectors, how is that that still haven't found WMD's? I mean, if they knew they were there, where did they disappear to? Did he pull a David Copperfield?

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit