Fasten Your Seatbelts - The Crazy Has Started (Also, bring the Koolaid)

by berrygerry 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@LoveUniHateExams And 1874.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It's so sad for the elderly people now. They have no other way to re-interpret all these changes within the WT. They are so totally confused.

It's like they are in a very small village. They have only shopped at the one lone store for all their needs. They accepted as told long ago that the food there was the only 'good' food. Recently, they have been informed by this market that the supposed fresh foods is going down to 12.5% (mags from 48 to 6) 'soon.' There are some canned goods (or some penny candies) yet but the items are approaching their 'expiration' date.

They can't figure out where else they can go. So, they are stuck with depression or panic. SAD ("stuck" and "depressed."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You have to have a measure of empathy toward people who got taken in by the WTS and its rigidly enforced indoctrination and corruption.

Its a part of showing humility

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The 3 days supply was mentioned recent to me during a family meal. I answered loud "that reminds me of 1975, when they said Armageddon was coming. My parent had bought rice in a volume for years and all what came were mouse".

Everybody quiet... I was the party crasher

Gorby, I LOVE IT! I'm gonna plagiarizer that at the very next opportunity!

Doc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If you live in a disaster prone area, it makes sense to have some supplies on hand. That's common sense, and almost all religions suggest that. The Org isn't special in that regard, and they have no special insights.

Dubs are like all other End Times cults. They see climate change and all the weird weather, and Trump's escapades, and they worry. Instead of the Rapture being imminent, it's Dubageddon.

My spouse worships the GB/Broadcast, and the END is really close because everything is so bad. Sadly, she just quit a job that could have been a well paying career, except she needs to slave for Jeehoober. She's getting older and has not taken the best care of herself, because she's going to get younger soon.

She's just digging in her heels...

DD

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Rumours, speculation, rumours........... No one knows where they start but I am sure it was Not Warwick....

• steve2
    steve2

Where is their faith and trust in being (presumably) safely in "the ark of salvation"?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religion is a diversion of reality also an excuse to not rationally think or examine facts.

Religion like the JWS effects ignorance and exploits it toward encompassing power and control of thought.

That's another reason why religious cult leaders admonish education.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sounds like another unhealthy dose of FOG

Fear

Obligation

Guilt

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

When my dubby wife starts talking about how bad the world is and the end is just around the corner, I remind her that things were a hell of a lot worse during WWII over 70 years ago.

If my mom was alive, she would have her three day supply ready, bag packed, and by the door just waiting for the gibbering botty to say "run". I would tell her that you can come and hang out at my house when your food runs out.

Sour Grapes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit