Fasten Your Seatbelts - The Crazy Has Started (Also, bring the Koolaid)

by berrygerry 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    From Facebook:

Just saw my JW mother after not seeing her for more than 2 years. When I do see her, it is brief, she NEVER asks about my life, doesn't ask about my 4 children her grandchildren, doesn't ask about my grandchildren...her great grandchildren, she doesn't ask about my other 2 brothers that she is also alienated from, she doesn't ask about my brothers family. She doesn't talk about the JW/Org either. This visit was different...she seemed to feel the need to tell me that JANUARY 1st EVERTHING will change. She said the Preaching Work will END. I asked "So you won't be going door-to-door anymore?" She said they WILL STILL GO door-to-door but not to Preach or Teach, they will be giving the WARNING!! Armageddon is almost upon us! She also point to her doorway and said "You see that? They (the society) told us to have 3 DAYS of Food and Water ready TO GO!!" I asked, "Then what?" She says, "We will get a call, take our food and water, go to the Kingdom Hall and they will give us directions from there." NOTE: My mother is 77, her husband is 93, naturally I am concerned for their safety but realize she is not open to US her family, I ask "at your advanced ages do you have someone younger set to help you when the TIME comes?" She replies "Yes we do, we are taken care of." She also let me know that my only brother who is still part of the Org. came to say "good-bye" until after Armageddon, he and his wife moved to the JW headquarters in England where they will remain till post-Armageddon. I had hoped that as my mother aged maybe, just maybe she would soften her view of family and reach out in her time of need, looks like she is in deeper with no plans of altering her path. I still wonder if she will change after her 93 year old husband dies, I try to leave a door open, but I ask myself WHY?

• VW.org
    VW.org

This is some heavy shit. After the borg collapses, there will have to be a lot of mental health professionals on hand to heal the suffering. Especially the elder people who would find it hard to adapt to reality.

• Listener
    Listener

It would be interesting to know if they are going to hand the householder the No. 1 2018 public edition of the Watchtower, before or after they give their message of judgement?

• Magnum
    Magnum

In a way, it's kind of sad; they want it so badly. I wanted it, too, but at least I had the sense to realize something was wrong and the honesty to admit it.

It's really a shame what this religion has to done to people. It has messed with their minds and it has broken up families.

So, what's the deal with Jan 1st? Why would they think it's special?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sad and a bit disturbing, the fear mongering indoctrination seems to be getting cranked up by the WTS .

That might be a sign that they themselves are starting to believe their own doctrines are becoming viably weak..

I think there are some JWS who think the door to door preaching work is done finished, when in reality its not the literature printing distribution may be stopped or dramatically reduced.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    BerryGerry » ...she seemed to feel the need to tell me that JANUARY 1st EVERTHING will change. She said the Preaching Work will END. I asked "So you won't be going door-to-door anymore?" She said they WILL STILL GO door-to-door but not to Preach or Teach, they will be giving the WARNING!! Armageddon is almost upon us! She also point to her doorway and said "You see that? They (the society) told us to have 3 DAYS of Food and Water ready TO GO!!" I asked, "Then what?" She says, "We will get a call, take our food and water, go to the Kingdom Hall and they will give us directions from there."

Sounds like you've been served.

Wonder where she got the inside information? It appears that the Governing Body is going to get instructions they will convey to the members. I'm so terribly excited by this news. We are really close this time.

I can feel it.

If we were close in 1974, we must be very, very close now.

She must feel that either way she's done with preaching.

Magnum » So, what's the deal with Jan 1st? Why would they think it's special?

That's the interesting part. She got the idea somewhere. I can't believe the Dark Lords would be foolish enough to put out another date. Certainly they've learned from the past...haven't they?

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

From my mother I hear that they are encouraged to have 3 days of supplies on hand because in the event of a natural disaster it could take that long for assistance to arrive. The rest of your mother's news seems to be a work of fiction. Perhaps to jolt you and your siblings to a speedy return?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Your mother may be provoking fear mongering bullshit instigated out the fearing bullshit by the WTS.

Brainwashing by religious indoctrination does work.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

It could be just your mom's particular hall that is ramping it up. In the hall I grew up in, they were very attentive to any change or announcement from the Wt. Maybe 7 or so years ago, (I can't remember exactly what was said) the society made a change. The elders in the hall, from the podium, made comments that made it seem Arrmegeddon would happen in a month or two. One elder who had bought a house in a foreign country, said he doubted he would be able to live in it for more than 2 weeks before A happened. One elder shouted out from the audience "Come Lord Jesus, Come!" Bible studies at the hall, were freaking out. One young man was almost in tears because he wasn't baptized. Freaked me out to.

For weeks after, talks were given that had that "it's almost here, what are you doing in your life?" flavor. One brother (I could have killed him for doing this) pretended to read a letter from the WT saying that this was the last time they could probably talk to the congregation cause the tribulation was starting. Dead silence in the hall. Then he admitted that it wasn't real, but what if it was?

I thought this was what all the other halls did. My sister later told me, no, nothing with such urgency was discussed in her hall. She couldn't figure out what I was talking about.

So maybe your mom has an uber hall, or one where the elders like to nip at the heels of everyone to keep them coming to the hall.

It probably makes her feel like all those years mean something and she is in the know.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You should of told her that she’s more then welcome to come over to your place and you’ll feed her and take her in especially after her three days of food run out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit