Fasten Your Seatbelts - The Crazy Has Started (Also, bring the Koolaid)

by berrygerry 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just another panic button pressing, as was 1975? Or, perhaps, we are just that close to being fully enslaved under global communism and eternal damnation, and that religion (which has been working relentlessly toward that goal) will not provide any protection from such. I have been noticing that the people are waking up, but those who put the leaders in place have been resolutely defying the will of the people and installing communism anyways. This is joke-hova at work, and the jokehovian witlesses have been steadily helping that abomination toward that goal (all of Christi-SCAM-ity, Judaism, and islam have also been working for this).

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

berrygerry, your post makes me sad. So much that she's missed over that Jehovah crap, a pure fantasy. Sad, just sad.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    DaysOfFuturePassed ยป It could be just your mom's particular hall that is ramping it up. In the hall I grew up in, they were very attentive to any change or announcement from the Wt.

It's odd. For a church that doesn't believe in revelation or in the gifts of the Spirit, that's a completely irregular way of looking at it. The GB doesn't claim to talk to angels or even God, so how would they hear from God to pass on instructions. Either the people think the GB is plugged in or the GB has found it useful to let them think they're plugged in. One wonders how God would communicate with them. Dreams?

Still, after 1974, I can't believe they'd do it again.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

berrygerry - ask her if she believes the scripture in the Bible, "no man knows the days nor hour" then ask why does she think the end will come January 1 or a few days later

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Just to clarify:

Not my Mom (but it may as well be).

There are posts all over the JW boards with December 8 and January 1.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

They are simply motivating everyone to feel the need to give more money. Its all about the Benjamin's.

• steve2
    steve2

Sorry to raise this as a possibility, but is your mother showing some signs of a progressive degenerative disorder in which she is prone to read things into what she is told? Parts of what she is saying could be what she has been told, but she just may be drawing some wrong conclusions.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The 3 days supply was mentioned recent to me during a family meal. I answered loud "that reminds me of 1975, when they said Armageddon was coming. My parent had bought rice in a volume for years and all what came were mouse".

Everybody quiet... I was the party crasher

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks Gorbatchov , I LMAO

Getting back to topic ,this is just some isolated case of fear mongering in a few congregations isn`t it ? certainly not something that has come from the GB.?

• zeb
    zeb

There have been other groups too who have come up with a date for the end and then stood in a field go to a bunker whatever and been made to look very silly when the only thing that came on the said day was the usual bills.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit