Just received Crisis of Conscience!!

by acsot 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

Dansk, I said I was not willing to pay for the book.

• acsot
    acsot

Joker: you're being disingenuous. Borrowing it from a library doesn't cost you anything. Reading a couple of chapters which are online doesn't cost you anything. Reading Ray's essays on commentarypress.com doesn't cost you anything.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Joker,

Dansk, I said I was not willing to pay for the book.

Would you read a free copy, then? Ian

• Joker10
    Joker10

I probably would, but I don't trust anybody with my address.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Get a P.O. box.

• Joker10
    Joker10

That will be the same as paying for it, not?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    That will be the same as paying for it, not?

worst.excuse.ever. You are just scared to read it. -LisaBObeesa

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

just an idea (I'm coming into this conversation half-informed, sorry)... but have a book sent to your local post office marked with your name to "general delivery". That way, you just go into the post office, ask for general delivery, give them your name (sometimes you have to identify yourself) and they give you whatever mail is there for you. Check with the post office... last I've heard they've done that for over 200 years (I think they still do).

• mouthy
    mouthy

If I had the book on my hand, I would probably take a look at it. But since I don't trust anybody here, I rather not send my address to your Inbox. Joker I am the granny on board.I live in Canada I was a JW for 25 years.....I promise you faithfully if you want to send me your address I will NEVER tell a soul/..... HONEST!!! I am 76 dont expect to live a lot longer & I would like to to show that what you said you MEAN -that you would read it....FREE of course...My Name is Grace Gough- I was Df because I couldnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914....I was devastated because I truly believed I had the Truth.....Now I know I had a LIE!!!! Please do your self a favor & read it.....

• lollydawdle
    lollydawdle

Joker: I don't get on here much, but when I saw the topic I knew I had to reply. You really do owe it to yourself to read CofC. I have been an inactive JW since 1995, not df'd or disassociated. I saw a copy at my friend Grace's house many years ago when I was still a JW. I was petrified to even look at the cover. Scared that something bad would happen to me for even looking at the cover of a book written by someone I was told was an 'apostate'. Having been inactive all these years, I finally felt "safe" to look into it. Grace kindly sent me a copy as a gift. I read it in secret as my son (JW) lives with me and I was afraid he would see it. I couldn't put it down. It is so well written and so honestly written, that I was compelled to believe it. Since reading it, I want my children to come out of the WT. I was a JW for 30 years and raised my children as JW's. It was a terrible mistake for me not to have examined the origins of the organization before I became a baptized witness. It has cost me 30 years of my life, but also my children's lives as well, to find out that the WT is a big lie. My children are still in. I never thought to examine the organization because I believed everything they told me - because I wanted to believe it. It seemed reasonable. Why would they lie to me? It never occurred to me that they would. Since reading the book and finding out the real truth, I would love to share it with my adult children in the hopes that it would set them free from the great lie. I urge you to read it, and then make up your own mind as to whether Ray Franz speaks the truth or not. PLEASE!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit