Just received Crisis of Conscience!!

by acsot 82 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Something tells me not to give this man a dime.

Would that 'something' be a guilt/fear complex brought on by an organization that demonizes anything opposed to itself?

Seriously, though, if you're worried about lining is pockets, then get it from the library. You won't be disappointed. Plus, I guarantee you'd be able to relate to the people on the board a lot more.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

So glad that you are reading this book. The eye-opening information in Ray's book was the last straw for me and my husband ! We left the JWs after 30+ years of belonging to the cult !

Ray deserves every penny (or dime) he receives, he's a true christian in my opinion, and I recommend his books to everyone.

We bought both of his books not only for ourselves but also for some friends (now ex-JWs) they couldn't put the books down, and stayed up late every evening until they had finished reading them.

Twink

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I read CoC a few months after I was disfellowshipped. I loved the book. (Joker, don't read it, it would leave nothing of your preconceptions of the "hateful apostate" scarecrow.) I got in touch with Ray and even began to translate the book into French but unfortunately had to stop. Now I know it's translated (thanks Celia!) and hope it will be published very soon... (Btw, Frenchbabyface, Jacques Luc whose site contains two chapters of the French translation is also the founder of TJ-Questions board; you'll find the link on his site.)

• acsot
    acsot
    Something tells me not to give this man a dime

Something tells me to give this man more than a dime. I better buy In Search of Christian Freedom. Plus I am going to buy another CoC and offer it to the Cult Survivor group here in the city. Thanks for the idea Joker!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Narkissos....how is Jacques Luc doing? He was translating my crucifixion paper into French but I haven't heard from him in over a year.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

ascot....ISCF is a fantastic book....has a great chapter on blood and gives a good lesson on critical thinking using examples from the Society's own publications.

Leolaia

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I have a JW friend. How do I get him to read Crisis of Conscience if I bought it for him? I mean, if I just handed it to him, would he freak and run away? Send it anonymously? any thoughts...?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

You will cry and then you will feel very very liberated.

My hubby introduced CoC and In Search of Christian Freedom in January of 2002. That year the yearly text hung at the hall was Matt 11:28,29 "Come to me....and I will refresh you. Take my yoke........and you will find refreshment for your souls".

As I read Ray 's books this text would play in my mind because I felt as if a great big load had been lifted off me.

Enjoy your reading. You will probably read the book more than once.

Wannaexit

• Joker10
    Joker10

If I had the book on my hand, I would probably take a look at it. But since I don't trust anybody here, I rather not send my address to your Inbox.

• Joker10
    Joker10

If I were a JW, I wouldn't have a bit interest in reading it. The way he will react depends on how close and how good of a friend you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit