Just received Crisis of Conscience!!

by acsot 82 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

I've already exited the JWs in mind and heart, and have read many comments from everyone about the book, so didn't really see the need to buy it for myself. However, after reading something here on the forum, I decided to order it (and the Tao of Pooh and Siddhartha.) A super-dub sits two desks away from (she and her husband knew Ray and his wife, had tea with them in their room when he was on the GB, etc. They are ones who have said to me: "if the Society says jump, we'll say: how high?"). She still thinks I'm in good standing! This is hysterical - if she only knew!!!

Can't wait to start reading it! To whoever it was that posted about it not that long ago - thank you!!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Excellent, ascot!

Let us know what your reactions are as you go through it....

SNG

• Brummie
    Brummie

You'll love it!

Brummie

• blondie
    blondie

It had been 2 years since I read both Franz books. I have been re-reading them. Your impressions are important to me, ascot.

Blondie

• acsot
    acsot

One thing I want to ask: will the Malawi/Mexico incident give me nightmares? I remember dreaming about the poor JWs in Malawi after reading all the gruesome details in the Awake magazine. I couldn't get it out of my mind. I don't want to have nightmares again .

• Brummie
    Brummie

acsot, the book set me free from a few nightmares but didnt cause any. The Malawi thing was disgusting and while I didnt leave the org for 2 years after reading CofC this is probably one of the things I could never forget. That and the organ transplant thing caused me restless nights and eventually led me to leave.

Brummie

• acsot
    acsot

Thanks Brummie!! Will keep you posted!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

didn't not read it yet myself - didn't even check if there is a translation
    but yes truly I mean people are talking about it that much in such good terms
    that I feel that I will have to ... now you are pushing me a little bit on that !

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.commentarypress.com/booklist-fre.html

Return to Site Index / Return to Booklist Language Directory / Ordering Options

Commentary Press offers direct U.S. and select international orders
    (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex, debit card, and bank checking) via Pay Pal,
    the largest instant and secure online payment service on the Internet.
    For alternate methods of payment, click here.
    New! Speed delivery of your foreign-bound orders.
    Upgrade your entire order to Air Mail, dramatically speeding delivery
    time to destinations outside the United States, for only $3.00. (This amount should be added to the postage charge listed below)

Publications in French currently available:
    Deux poids?Deux mesures

by Raymond Franz
    chapitre 6 du livre "Crisis of Conscience,"
    40 pages, $1.35. (U.S. Postage: $1.00, Foreign postage: $4.00)

to U.S.: ...to foreign:
    La sang et la vie, la loi et l'amour

by Raymond Franz, 34 pages, chapitre 9 du livre "In Search of Christian Freedom", $1.25. (U.S. Postage: $1.00, Foreign postage: $4.00)

to U.S.: ...to foreign:
  • acsot
    acsot

Trust Blondie to get the info to you in short order!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit