homosexuality

by wilton 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wilton
    wilton

im am a 19 year old male who is thinking of leaving christianity for another religion. i am looking at JW first and before i really start studying it i want to know how the religion works on homosexuality because i have a boyfriend and dont want to leave him.and would i be able to go date and have sex with someone not in the religion.

thank you

Wilton

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi there.

Glad to see you here Wilton.

I can imagine you have many questions with regards to homosexuality, and especially moreso with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Personally, let me tell you this: don't become a JW if you are gay/bisexual.

It is a life of utter hell, and having tried to 'live' the life of a heterosexual, falsely and hypocritcally so, being a JW (Jehovah's Witness) is not going to alleviate your inclinations or urges NO matter how hard you study the scriptures or pray to god/s.

Jehovah's Witnesses are probably one of the MOST homophobic religions I know of. How so? Been there: done that.

Check out this link: http://mferguson76.com/jw/index.html

If you require any further info, let us know.

Of course, there'll be a few on here who'll toss scripture at you and how abominable you and your partner are, but do as I do: ignore it.

DO NOT Become a JW!!!!! Been there done that, and was nearly done in.

Best wishes Wilton. Take care.

Sincerely,
    Rayzorblade (RAY)

• Brummie
    Brummie

erm, they dont allow sex before marraige (or any sexual behaviour behavioour come to think of it. So get married first and then take your boyfriend to the kingdom hall and see how it goes.

Brummie

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

wilton: JW's are against sex before marriage, marriage to unbelievers, and non-heterosexual sex.

Why are you seeking another religion?

Is it because of non-acceptance of your sexuality in the one you have?

Is it because you feel that the Christianity you currently practise doesn't fill a need you have in you?

Is it because you are figuring out 'which religion is the right religion' BEFORE figuring out 'what is this religion thing and why would god need religion. and what is god anyway?'

I suggest that last set of questions is far more important to your peace of mind than shopping for a religion that will enable you to do what you want.

You might be looking for a way to a god that doesn't need 'a way', or find there is no way to god for the rather obvious reason one doesn't exist. You seem to be running on presuppositions.

Good luck!!!

• Nikita
    Nikita

Welcome to the forum, Wilton!

Why JW's?

Heed Rayz advice!

Brummie,

Nikita

• Brummie
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

What JW's will tell you is that it's okay to be homosexual if you don't ACT on it. As you first come in contact with them they will downplay this aspect. The more you "study" with them they will focus on living in a way that is "acceptable" to Jehovah, and then it will turn into which conduct they believe is right in Jehovah's eyes. Then they will get into that conduct which Jehovah finds abhorrent and will destroy the practicers of. When they have lead you in to that point they will tell you that you have a choice... you can leave your partner and be "clean" and live in celibacy or marry a woman, or you have no place in their organization.

They will not tell you that going in, because they want to suck you in first. They will be friends, they will be the nicest people on earth. But then when they get you to the point where they get you believing in their ways they will tell you its time to change or be killed by god at armeggedon.

This website, http://www.gayxjw.org/links.html will get you to a link to an "A Common Bond" group in your area or close to your area. A Common Bond is a group of gay and lesbian, bi and transexual ex jehovah's witnesses as well as active JW's. There are links to stories there about what it is truly like to be gay and a JW. Check it out, I think you will find it very helpful.

I myself am a lesbian ex-jw. I urge you to run the other direction as fast as you can, do not be sucked up into this cult.

Gretchen

• morty
    morty

Wilton,

Welcome to the board.....

I have no experience on your issue, but Ray and Gretchen have explained it very well...The jws, do not except any sex from know one, unless you have walked down the aisle...Trust us when, we tell you that this is not a religon that you want to get involved with...good luck, and again Welcome!

Morty

• Dansk
    Dansk

Welcome, Wilton!

don't become a JW if you are gay/bisexual.

DON'T BECOME A JW, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick around, Wilton, and read the posts here. Stay as you are - well away from this soul-destroying cult.

Ian

• Englishman
    Englishman

Exactly. Don't become a JW, end of story!

Pssst. You sure about being gay? Women are well.. umm...er.. a lot more alluring!

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit