homosexuality

by wilton 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan
    Because the Sunday after the article had been passed to the P.O., the P.O.'s son came up to me after the Watchtower study and asked "Is it true you're a fag?"

What an a...hole!!! Yeah, whenever I see dubs out in public nowadays, they give me this condescending look of "i'm more of a human than you are." Pisses me off.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    From that day forward, although I was still a member in good standing, I was never again invited to any JW social function. I was treated as if I had suddenly contracted leprosy.

That kind of injects a dose of reality in that nonsense that Jehovah's Witnesses accept homosexuals so long as they do not act their desires. Also kind of puts an interesting spin on the idea of homosexuals being allowed into the paradise earth. What's the point of living forever if people are going to shun you?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    What's the point of living forever if people are going to shun you?

Can you imagine being forced to spend the rest of eternity in a world where no one speaks to you?

What cruel god could possibly come up with such an evil concept? Sounds Satanic to me.

• headlines
    headlines

I've receantly wanted to join the Jehovah Witness cuz they practice such truth, when they find something that is wrong they fix it. They don't take part in politics unlike other religions. I am gay and for all my life i've had more of attraction for the same sex, i even had a hetersexual relationship for 2 years and for years i prayed for god to take this out of me, but it just never happened.To me this is natural to me. Women do not turn me on nor do they appeal to me. Is it possiable to be a witness and have a same sex relationship and serve god, god only condemed a certain act, if u study it carefully its not a relationship. Sodomites means anal sex not HOMOSEXUAL. that term was used in the late 1800's they had not word for homosexual before that. Sodom had men and women in that city when u read the jewish version you will see men and boys and the other people of the city came to lots house to know the 2 angels, why would lot offer the two daughtors to the crowed if they were gay, why didn't he offer his son in laws. or himself or could it be possiable that the CROWED WAS NOT GAY or could it mean that they would anal rape the angels. you study the bible and homosexuality and all that you will raise ?. in the new testement they said men changed there natural course for men and women doing the same, well just cuz you are a male doen't mean you are made to repoduce or you are born a hetersexual. what about the people that are born and stay virgins all there life. If homosexual is so wrong how come its found in the animal kingdom.

Leviticus18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination.

Mankind meaning in this verse means both men and women shouldn't lie with mankind as they do with women, or men as a male shouldn't lie with with eachother as they do with women kind.

1) if it means men and women do not lie with men and women as they do with men and women its condeming the sex not a relationship.

2) if it means male do not lie with a male as a he would lie with a women could mean anal sex.

so same sex relationship that does nto include sex is possiable, so it could be condeming sex with same sex.

i mean if u get more into detail on the study you find it ? is it possiable.

anyways it talks about a heavenly kingdom the GAY"S they say will not inherit the heavenly kingdom not the earthly kingdom.

study it more you'll be suprised. Why can't the 2 same sex people be in union and serve god. Some decide to be virgins, some reproduce and some love the same sex. decide for yourself.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Welcome, and I am sure you have read a brainful already, but here is my 2 cents worth.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not make any allowances for practicing homosexuality. You will be required to give it up altogether. That's the deal, and there is no middle ground or compramise in their eyes.

Gay or straight, run, run, run, far away from this cult.

Corvin

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Headlines,

Welcome to our forum - nice of you to look around while still *just* meeting with jw's. Smart move on your part.

I've receantly wanted to join the Jehovah Witness cuz they practice such truth, when they find something that is wrong they fix it. They don't take part in politics unlike other religions.

No, they don't "practice such truth." They do as they please and/or as taught.....just like any other group/religion/cult. They're just more strict than most.

No, they don't "fix it" when they find something wrong. That's the jw interpretation. They do like any other group.....change/cover/fix/kick people out.

Yes, they DO take part in politics, just depends on what country they're in. In fact, JR Brown's radio interview said point blank that it was "a personal decision" for any jw as to whether they wanted to vote.

Welllllllllllllll, perhaps so. But if a jw's "personal decision" allowed him to vote.........then the congregation's decision would be that the voter would be disassociated........ie: kicked out & shunned for the rest of their lives unless they repented, did penance, and promised never to do it again. So much for personal freedom, eh?

And no one can prove that it's wrong to take part in politics, btw.

As for "practice of homosexuality"? lol - As long as you're prepared to never have a sexual thought/action for the rest of your life towards a member of the same sex.....you might succeed as a jw. You see, jw's are taught that they can "sin in their minds"....lusting, and all that.

It's an awful way to live your life.........as a lie.

Stick around - many good (and some awful) threads about homsexuality. We're a free people......unlike Jehovah's Witneses.

waiting - 30 yr. jw, free for 3 yrs now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit