Why do the JW's not Believe in Hell?

by Tirisilex 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Archangel: Your God reminds me of a French phrase (I don't know if my English translation will be understood overseas): "If you meet him on the sidewalk, cross the street."

What would you think of a guy saying: "I love you, but if you don't accept my love I'll torture you"? Screwy. Just imagine what kind of mind a similar God could come from.

Speak about morality: in the Bible Job is a moral character, and because he is he has the guts to risk his life arguing with such a god (who was not yet screwy enough to invent such a perversion as "Christian" hell).

Leolaia, I'm definitely on your fan club: once again your synthesis was great! (btw, thanks for your replies on the other threads). Just for a complement, etymologically Sheol is definitely related to the meaning "inquire" of the sh'l root (as in 1S 28), but also to the meaning "claim" of the same root, as the old mythological representation of death eventually claiming every mortal (good or bad, that's the pars veritatis of the adventist and JW teaching IMO): Psalms 141:7 and Proverbes 30:15f on this one.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Look, in the end everyone will find out who was right an who was wrong, an if there is away to change your future for the better wouldn't you at least try to do something about it, I know I would an I did. Thats my two cent and a dime!

And that is why we are all here, archangel....so true...I so don't believe what you do, and vice versa, but everyone has a right to throw their coins in the thinking well....

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

A burning unquenchable desire, to recieve, to 'know', but not knowing - there is truth that the mind rejects, because it is believed so hard to bear that it is written off as a lie - too afraid to accept truth, preferring a lie - their burning desire is not quenched by the 'water'.

And the niggling truth is always eating away - like a worm.

Some even hate the 'others' who seem to have been favoured by God - either gnashing their teeth or being haughty, scoffing in their darkness.

And seeing those so internally afraid and darkened, it appears like a death of the spirit - seemingly even worse than death like something freaky, beyond physical. you will see their destruction

Not dying in Christ, but in one's sin

Why don't the JW's Believe in Hell?

It's a necessary lie to themselves - they're already there.

• gumby
    gumby
    Why don't the JW's Believe in Hell?

It's a necessary lie for themself

And that Paduan, makes your belief as screwy as theirs...does'n't it?

Gumby

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Why so

For myself, that would be hell - and as I understood to be Biblically described also

How could someone be so tormented and say "There is no torment"

It's a temporary comfort of lie

• gumby
    gumby
    How could someone be so tormented and say "There is no torment"

Do you REALLY think their lives are that much more of a torment than others here?

Gumby

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

How did I come up with the name Tirisilex? Well... Back in 1997 during my first explorations on the internet I made up the name Tirosphere. I created it from the greek word Oyktiro which means "one who shows compassion" (Or something close to that.) So cutting off the "Oyk" and I added Sphere on the end thus creating in my mind "One who has compassion for the world." Then in 1999 I got my first very own computer and when I signed up for my own internet connection I came up with a login name on the spot. I saw a Tilex bottle in front of me and I spouted out quickly "Silex". I began using that name for awhile. Then a few years back I was feeling creative and thus Combined Tirosphere and Silex together and formed Tirisilex. Interesting.. No? But back on Topic. I must agree with all those who say that Hell does not exist. I could accept a God who Claims to be, Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, faithfulness, mildness, and selcontrolled. But then clearly throws out Love, Patience and Kindness in the name of Justice to adopt the very thing that is proclaimed a work of the flesh.. Enmity.. Wrath.. I don't even consider Hell an act of punishment. We punish our children for what end? So that they can learn correct behavior. Who learns from an eternal Torment? Those in it? Those in it havent learned one thing other than that God is a Hateful and spiteful God. Is it then for those who are not in Hell? No.. Because those who are with God already learned their lesson and have been "Rewarded". I personaly see no purpose to Hell. Hell is nothing but a Torture chamber... I see no Justice there. True Justice educates and reprooves.. reconditions.. If it were to be ruled with Love, Kindness and Patience.

• Badger
    Badger

Because they don't fear it...I wouldn't, either, after two decades of demands on my time and health...

"hell is other people" --- J.P. Sartre

"Hell is a half-crowded theater" -- Oscar Wilde

"Hell is anyplace you want to get out of but can't" -- Badger's Girlfriend.

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

Ooops.. I messed up..

I can't accept a God who Claims to be, Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, faithfulness, mildness, and selcontrolled. But then clearly throws out Love, Patience and Kindness in the name of Justice to adopt the very thing that is proclaimed a work of the flesh.. Enmity.. Wrath..

• integ
    integ

It's one of the only thing's a witness can say and I say; "You know what, we actually agree on something". That, and the trinity thing.

Integ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit