Why do the JW's not Believe in Hell?

by Tirisilex 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tirisilex
    Tirisilex

I may have asked this question before awhile back but I was not able to find it in the search. Other than what the NWT provides for information.. How do the JW's provide proof for this No Hell belief?

• blondie
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree with them -- they do not because it is totally unscriptural and a Platonic doctrine from the 2nd century BCE

• neyank
    neyank

The doctrine of a fiery, burning hell that God will send you to for all eternity for not following a certain course was used as a method of controlling people.

The same way as the WTS doctrine that God will destroy everyone at Armageddon unless they are afiliated with the WTS.

It's all about control.

neyank

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Agreed . The Roman Catholic church and others have used -- "unless you do this you are going to burn in a fiery hell" as a means of control for centuries. Recant your heresy or you will burn in Hell Fire. The WTBTS correctly says this is a God Dishonoring doctrine -- because a God of Love would never do that -- but they are so hypocritical because then they use the identical tactic and say "Unless you do what the Faithful and Discreet Slave says -- you are going to die at Armageddon . So in reality they are no different even though they have the bit about there being no hellfire correct.

• Sargon
    Sargon

I always thought service was hell.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Where in the Bible does it say that Hell is a burning fiery place of torment?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Perhaps a too literal interpretation of the parable of the rich man and Lazarous. As well as Gehenna which is called the lake of fire. I think..

• archangel01
    archangel01

Hell is a very Real place. Jesus taught more about Hell then he did on Heaven. Also he taught more about Money then about Heaven & Hell.

Yes God is Love But He is also a Just God. People who don't believe in the soul most likely don't believe in Hell.

In the book of Revelation it states that the Devil and the false P's were Tormented day an night for ever. It means just that.

God is offering Eternal Life so if you refuse that, then the Just thing to do from an Eternal viewpoint is Eternal Torment.

In a human court system we Judge People by are human life span which is about 70-80 years but we know people can live well into there 90's

For Example:a human judge might say to a murderer, I give you life in prison a 100 year for each murder which equals 300yrs.

that is just from a Human viewpoint however God is judging us from His viewpoint which is Eternal. That's my two cent.

If you've accepted Jesus as your Personal Savior & Lord then you need not fear Judgement. Like Paul said in Phi. "to died is to Gain".

also in Hebrews 9:27 Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. You have to be conscience in order to be Judged.

There are tons of scriptures on all this just do your research and take it for what it is, Its not hard do people.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Tirisilex,

What a fascinating alias you've chosen! What is thesignificance of it?

Back to the matter at hand -

Suppose I told you that the atmosphere was filled with invisible day-glow green flying piggies - would you feel compelled to exhaust yourself "proving" there were no such things, or would you simply ask me to provide proof of my wild and unfounded imagining?

Same for hell.

You ask how the JWs prove that there is no hell. Actually, they don't have to - it is for those who tell us that there IS a hell of everlasting fiery torment to provide evidence that such a "place" exists, not the other way around!

And no, I am no defender of Watchtower beliefs and dogma - I am an atheist and arch-apostate XJW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit