Why do the JW's not Believe in Hell?

by Tirisilex 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Navigator
    Navigator

A Paduan raises some good points. Someone on another thread pointed out that the original meaning of the word hell at the time the King James was translated was "to limit or restrict". Farmers frequently "helled" their livestock (Put them in pens). In that sense, it is ironic that the JWs don't believe in "hell" as they have created one. I personally know several folks who are living in hell right now, many of whom are JWs. Worldly Girl pointed out that pooh pooing the foolish fundamentalist doctrine of a fiery place of punishment is a great selling point when dealing with those kind of folks. That is what attracted my wife to the JWs. She was willing to overlook their shaky docrine in other areas because of that one thing. Hell is not a place but a state of consciousness. We are living in eternity right now.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit;
    in which he went and preached to the spirits in prison

and entering house after house, he dragged off men and women and committed them to prison.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

If there is a literal fiery pit one can burn in forever, then the worms must be real as well.

holyflammingwormsbatman!

• sandy
    sandy

Im my opinion hell is about as believable as living on earth forever in paradise. I just cannot believe any of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit