WHOOO HOOOO Son update

by SheilaM 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

well - give him a bbbiiiigggg huggggg then........

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Great news for a mother. I am so happy for you Shiela

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Mouthy: Thank you...I plan to spoil the dickens out of him(Oh I haven't been able to go to St.Joe do to the ice and snow but I will this week scout's honor(and YES I was a Girl Scout)

Stacy: Thank youEveryone has seen Ant's "light" since he was a child, teachers, school board etc. I thought it was just me being a proud Mom...shucks guess he just is a good Man. (gosh I hate not saying boy)

Think: Ant is in Chesapeake right now in CQB school. So he is learning to use the pistol which he qulaified as sharpshooter. They have been low on ammo so he has not got to use the shotgunThe Marines and Army have had a long rivalery mainly due to Chesty Puller errrr usruping the command and such LOL But, the boys now days seem to have mutal respect. Glad your son is stateside too

LW; Whoop Ass huh...your so fiesty. Thunder said we really should get together we aren't that far from each other. I agree with the respect thing. Respect for ones leader is important whether you agree with all the policies or not.

Double Edge: Yes he will so he and his Mom are going to have a "you can't say everything you feel" speech. He is not real PC like his Father Thunder LOL I can see him trying to suggest ways to run the countryand getting sent to some remote post LOL In the Vietnam war the airlines were regulated by the Government so they had given the soldiers breaks but not anymore. Ant's tickets have run upwards of $600.00 and the boys have orders changed all the time. I do have a petition we signed to offer the same deals during war time, I hope that it is passed.

Heath: Hmmm Ant was stuck at the USO for hoursmaybe you were with him. He has a portable DVD player so he was quite popular LOL I thin it may have been further into November...not sure anymore. They dumped their butt like 7 hours early at the airport

Dansk: Thanks I am so proud of him and his willingness to sacrafice for what he thinks is right

Cw: Thanks I sure will

Still: Thanks

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

SHeila,

Yeppers we soldiers (and Marines) spend a lot of money on our uniforms...I spend about $75 to $100 per uniform just having it tailored and getting the buttons and medals, etc.

Yeppers....Military Hops are still available...I think they cost like $15.00. Cheap way to fly.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Sheila, when I was dating a marine eons ago, I could not believe it when I found out how much he had to spend for the pins and buttons and all that. You would think that uncle sam would pay it since the pay is so low for our peeps serving in the military.

Congrats to your son! You should be proud of him. A lot of airlines will let people donate their miles to soliders; have you had a chance to see if you could gather up enough miles from people to do that for him sometime?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yeru: None of the Marines or Marine Moms know about this can you tell me some more PLEASE they are spending oodles to back from the war and to go home on leave.

Eyebrow: Thanks and yes they spend oodles. I have called every airline all their military fares are higher than other faresThe Marine Mom site has over 3000 Moms gosh if we could get some good info

Thanks

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

I was at the airport on Oct. 29 and Nov. 1st. I didn't get to know them very well other than by the time they cancelled the last flight it was pretty late and the USO stayed open for us to crash there for the rest of the night.

He is better off flying a regular flight. With military flights you don't always have a way to get back to where you where coming from. Also it is dependent on space available, so you could get bumped off of a flight.

Heatmiser

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sheila, as always, might heartfelt thanks to your son for his service to our country. I'm glad you get to see him for a bit. Tell him that the Thomas household has him and all of his buddies in our prayers.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Jeff: Thank you so much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit