WHOOO HOOOO Son update

by SheilaM 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

(yes I am posting a lot but it is cause I couldn't go to Dallas

Ok Ant is in Va until mid-January. He was fitted for his dress blues last week. All the buttons and such he had to buy. The dress blues were due to his position in security and they are made differently. The buttons he bought have a coating so they don't show printsFunny how much money the boys that serve their country spend. All the pins and such they have to buy. They get one set but need them for all the uniforms so can you say $$$$$$$ Between the expenses for flights, which is usually really high since he doesn't know utnil the last minute and the other stuff, he doesn't have a lot of take home

He will then be guarding the President this will make some of you happy and some of you not(sorry I am still proud of him) in DC so he can get acclimated etc. then I guess he goes between their and CampD.

He is coming home for Christmashe was given recruiters assistance so he will be helping his recruiter. We have him from the 20th to Jan 3

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so happy for you "MUM" Of course your proud of it.... I hope the time he is home with you will give you lots of time to spoil him .....Have a VERY HAPPY holiday together ((((HUG))

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I only want the best guarding my president. Looks like I've got my wish

• Sassy
    Sassy

WreathI'm so glad that he gets to come home and spend time with you during the holidays!!!!!Wreath

~Sassy~ (sns)

• think41self
    think41self

Hey Sheila!

Is Anthony at Fort Myer in VA? My son was just sent there last week. Since he is a member of the Old Guard, he will be assigned to the funerals held at Arlington. Maybe they'll run into each other...though since one is a marine and the other army...maybe they're mortal enemies or something?

I know what you mean about the buttons and pins. When Dominic was home for his recruiting stint, he asked me to sew his new buttons on his dress uniform. I sewed them on super tight! Oh, but it was so nice having him home, I didn't care. Tell Anthony we're all proud of him.

Tracy

• little witch
    little witch

Sheila and Tracy,

I am so proud of you both!

The bravery it takes to serve is noble, admirable, and respectable.

If any one says different, I will be the first to open a can of whoop ass!

The President is the leader, and speaker of our country, and deserves the utmost of respect.

I personally feel comfort at night knowing I am cared for and protected by some bad assed freedom loving men!!!!

I hope I can provide some fried chicken, tater salad, and cold ones when we can all get together!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

He will then be guarding the President this will make some of you happy and some of you not(sorry I am still proud of him
    I'm Happy. Congrats.... he'll be rubbing shoulders with some top brass.... great networking. During the Vietnam War, it was common for soldiers to "catch" a freee ride on most military flights that had any empty seats. Is that possible today?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Double Edge,

Most of the flights are commercial flights now. No such thing as catching a free ride anymore. Its kind of sad actually.

Sheila

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

You should be proud, they don't just send anybody to that type of duty.

I was stranded in the San Diego airport during the fires at the end of Oct. with a bunch of Marines that was going to DC for protection detail. We ended up sleeping on the USO floor untill we could get a flight to the east coast. Great group of guys.

Heatmiser

• Dansk
    Dansk

I am still proud of him

And RIGHTLY so!!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit