Sam Harris on Trump - The Most Powerful Clown

by cofty 103 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty
    The big problem with JW's is that they have an undying and unreasonable loyalty to a cause. You too.

What on earth are you waffling about? Are you really incapable of holding a conversation without throwing around insults?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Very interesting. Thank you for the post. I need to ruminate on everything he said and come back. Very eye opening.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Cofty,

Your cause, as may have been mentioned before somewhere else, is "I am always right" or at least "I have to be right"

Either you intentionally or unintentionally missed my point. Let me rephrase it as concisely as possible. My problem with Harris is not the essence of his message, it's his delivery.

• cofty
    cofty
    Your cause, as may have been mentioned before somewhere else, is "I am always right" or at least "I have to be right" - never a jw

No I'm frequently wrong about stuff. My commitment is to follow the evidence wherever it leads. You seem to be confusing evidence with arrogance and insults.

• never a jw
    never a jw

My commitment is to follow the evidence wherever it leads. You seem to be confusing evidence with arrogance and insults.

No confusion here. You are the one who seems to be confused. Quite clearly, anyone with a bit of honesty and reasoning abilities realizes that "buffoonery", "clown" "awful man", "pathological liar", "jackass" are insults, not evidence. Why is it so hard to see it?

• cofty
    cofty

You still don't see the irony do you?

• never a jw
    never a jw

I compared you to JW's and offered my reasoning for the comparison. It is true that I voiced only my opinion. I also implied that most people here, including me, are not intellectuals. The standards for our discourse are different from those of leading intellectuals like Harris.Did you miss that point??

No irony whatsoever. The big irony was pointed out in my previous post, but as a good JW would, you missed it. May I point it out again

You seem to be confusing evidence with arrogance and insults. Cofty

.No confusion here. You are the one who seems to be confused. Quite clearly, anyone with a bit of honesty and reasoning abilities realizes that "buffoonery", "clown" "awful man", "pathological liar", "jackass" are insults, not evidence. Why is it so hard to see it?

• cofty
    cofty
    I compared you to JW's and offered my reasoning for the comparison.

You offered no valid comparison at all.

Please note you have resorted to one insult after another and in response I have been nothing but respectful. Do you insult everybody who disagrees with you? That must be very tiresome.

• never a jw
    never a jw

You offered no valid comparison at all.

Yes I did. JW's response to evidence is avoidance or dismissal. Similarly, that's your response to my critique of Harris' podcast. This may be the fourth time that I write it and likely you will ignore it or offer a feeble response, along the lines that Harris proved or demonstrated that Trump is "clown" and a "jackass". At a high level of intellectual or scholarly discourse that is unacceptable.

Deal with it honestly and intelligently, or the comparison applies

• never a jw
    never a jw

"buffoonery", "clown" "awful man", "pathological liar", "jackass" are insults, not evidence. Why is it so hard to see it?

(insert this between the two paragraphs above)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit