Sam Harris on Trump - The Most Powerful Clown

by cofty 103 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Harris is at his incisive best in his latest podcast.

He likens the situation to being on an aeroplane where the pilot has died and somebody with no experience of flying has grabbed the controls. We should all be committed to his success.

Prize for the best line goes to - "Caligula with a IPhone".

Even if you love Trump and despise Harris you should appreciate his clarity.

Waking Up With Sam Harris...

• garyneal
    garyneal

I don't despise Harris but I don't think he gets it from the point of view of the average voter. Harris stated in one of his anti-Trump speeches that he would rather some random American be picked as the next president, even if he knows nothing about government or politics. I really don't see how that is much different than Trump. Nearly every American I come across has some opinion on how the government should operate and says things that sound uninformed.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Garyneal,

"Harris stated in one of his anti-Trump speeches that he would rather some random American be picked as the next president, even if he knows nothing about government or politics. I really don't see how that is much different than Trump."

Do you have the slightest idea of what you're saying? The average American is not a self-absorbed, narcissistic, scam artist with hundreds of lawsuits against him due to unpaid workers.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yep.That's how he comes in under budget.

• prologos
    prologos

If you read about trump's dealings, you discover that he is a very flexible operator, he might just emerge as another quasi Reagan, unbeholden to anyone but himself, able to at least fulfill some of the wishes that the voters projected onto him.

• never a jw
    never a jw

the one good thing is that the DNC, the RNC and the press will have to do a much needed soul searching. The message was loud and clear. People rather have Trump than the status quo. Scary as it sounds, it may help fix the broken status quo. All we have to do is survive the next four years.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Cofty ยป Prize for the best line goes to - "Caligula with a IPhone"

That actually would apply more aptly to Hillary than Trump. Both Bill and Hillary made more than twenty excursions on Jeffrey Epstein's infamous Lolita Express (many times independent of each other), which whisked Epstein's guests to his private island, termed "Orgy Island," known for offering underage children (both boys and girls, part of Epstein's private pedophile network). Although Trump allegedly made one excursion on the Express himself, the flight records don't support it and there is no evidence of it.

Hillary is known for being bi-sexual, but later in life she seems to have settled for women and young girls. But despite that warm speech by Bill during the convention, nearly everyone knows Chelsea's father wasn't Bill at all, but Rose Law Firm partner Webb Hubbell. (All one has to do is find pictures of the two on the Internet.)

Alas, there seems to always be two standards depending on whose horse is being run.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Do you have the slightest idea of what you're saying? The average American is not a self-absorbed, narcissistic, scam artist with hundreds of lawsuits against him due to unpaid workers.

Okay, so there is one difference. Trump is a multi-billionaire who actually has the means to campaign for the white house. With all that loot, he can buy the best lawyers for his hundreds of lawsuits. I guess he is an average american with a boat load of money.

• Onager
    Onager

Cold Steel:

That actually would apply more aptly to Hillary than Trump. Both Bill and Hillary made more than twenty excursions on Jeffrey Epstein's infamous Lolita Express (many times independent of each other), which whisked Epstein's guests to his private island, termed "Orgy Island," known for offering underage children (both boys and girls, part of Epstein's private pedophile network). Although Trump allegedly made one excursion on the Express himself, the flight records don't support it and there is no evidence of it.

Hillary is known for being bi-sexual, but later in life she seems to have settled for women and young girls. But despite that warm speech by Bill during the convention, nearly everyone knows Chelsea's father wasn't Bill at all, but Rose Law Firm partner Webb Hubbell. (All one has to do is find pictures of the two on the Internet.)

That's pretty explosive stuff. Do you have any sources\evidence for those claims?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Interesting OP.

I like Sam Harris and despise Trump.

I'll listen when I have time ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit