Sam Harris on Trump - The Most Powerful Clown

by cofty 103 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

That is exactly Harris' point. You clearly didn't listen to the podcast.

Still wondering where you imagined you saw an ad hominem.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"absolute jack ass"

"liar that can only be found in a mental hospital"

"an awful person"

I dislike Trump just as much as you and Harris do. I may have taken a tangent perhaps, but I am just rather surprised that Sam argued in parts of the podcast more like the people he often debates.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Oh I forgot "the most powerful clown"

• cofty
    cofty

None of that qualifies as an ad hominem.

If you can demonstrate the somebody has behaved like a jack ass, and is a compulsive liar then you can legitimately argue that these things disqualify somebody from being a suitable candidate for president. This is what Sam has done.

If he said that Trump has terrible hair and therefore shouldn't be president that would be ad hominem.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"absolute jack ass" - Correct.

"liar that can only be found in a mental hospital" Incorrect. There are many liars, on his level, who are not in any mental institution.

"an awful person" Correct.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Cofty,

Now you are beginning to sound like a JW when he/she is challenged. Is this ad hominem?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Vidiot,

No argument there.That's the level at which you and I argue, and most people here. However, that's not the Sam Harris that I had known before he took interest in Donald Trump.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Never a jw, were you referring to me when you said Vidiot?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I listened to a little of it and I think he needs to read up on critical thinking because it sounds like he is making leaps in logic all over the place.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I listened to the end and he makes a lot of sense. I hope he does gather some good people around him to help him fly this plane. Narcissists do sometimes mellow when they get the power they crave as he says but we can all think of examples of those who did not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit