Research question

by JeffT 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I was told by "apostate" protesters in Upstate New York that Witnesses feared the very seats they sat in were demonized.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Mum told me she thought the demons were attacking her back in my early teenage years; (exactly what every kid wants to know at that age) she sought counsel from the Congregation Servant.

Just what Watchtower induces: Fear, Obligation, and Guilt.

Mum preached her ass off even more after that episode.
  • Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Not exactly demon possession JeffT, but back in the 80s a sister who had watched an episode of the late Paul Daniels magic show told me a week or so later that, "There was no way he could have done that trick without the help of the demons. Absolutely no way". I hadn't seen the show so I couldn't possibly comment!

In our congo in London there was only one sister who attributed virtually every mishap to the demons, the rest of us would find more rational explanations and hardly ever brought the subject up. That was back in the 70s and 80's so a lot could have changed since then.

• Reservations
    Reservations

JWs are so suspicious of thrift shops. Literally the amount of people who I’ve heard say something about buying second hand items that might have demons in it...crazy town.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I remember the story of a smerf walking down the aisle of a kingdom hall. Does anyone remember that?

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I remember the smurf story all the way back to the late eighties early 90s....

Ooooooor

The Doberman pinscher that the owner let loose and it ran up to bite the elder and just before it got to him it was wrestled to the ground by an invisible force... supposedly an angel and when let loose it ran back inside in fear.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

My uncle thought it was impossible for David Blane to perform any of his tricks without the help of demons.

I knew a JW who, upon seeing a Luna Month for the first time in his life, was convinced he saw a demon.

My cousin, from the non-JW side of the family, had her Link to the Past SNES cartridge thrown out by her non-relative JW babysitter because the babysitter found out the game had magic and wanted to protect the family from demons.

Seems like everyone had at least one encounter with a demon in their lives.

Garage door opened on its own? Demons.

Alarm clock didn't go off? Demons.

Drunk driver? Demons.

Broken car windows? Demons.

Theory of Evolution? Demons

Ancient aliens? Ancient demons!

Wind chimes? Demons.

Insane Clown Posse? Demons.

That last one I agree with, though.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

When we sleep we go through sleep cycles. One of the cycles is a sleep paralysis. Some people wake up during this period and cant move. When I was a JW I remember there was demon talk about this condition.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I enter sleep paralysis willingly most mornings it's a gateway to lucid dreaming. But as for the craziest thing the JWs ever demonize take a pick

1. The movie Avatar from morons having no idea about computer

2. Smufs. I had two stuffed toys as a child. No demons

3. A magic. Magic is an illusion. I have corresponded with a so called magician and I can tell you socalled magic is all a show and illusion. No demons or anything.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Garage door openers are on 27 mhz often. Cb radios nearby will open them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit