I have been rereading a lot about Rutherford lately; about his personality and the kind of person he was. I have come to the conclusion that he was a lot like Donald Trump.
- He was an accused womanizer.
- He was a narcissist with a self inflated ego.
- He claimed to be persecuted by the media ALL the time.
- He elevated his successes to things of more importance than they really were (i.e. "Judge").
- He insisted on living like royalty.
- He was not well liked and had few close friends.
- He thought he was above the law (of both government and the organization) and could break rules others could not.
There has to a psychological/sociological explanation for how Rutherford and Trump rose to power, despite being such horrible people.