Joseph Rutherford = Donald Trump

by Wild_Thing 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Why even bring this type of stuff to this forum? Why stir shit up? This is supposed to be a JW / ex-JW forum.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I didn't post this to stir shit up. I was reading about Rutherford and the similarities are alarming, and I thought I would share my thoughts. Instead of feeling like you need to defend Trump, you might want to read about Rutherford to see what kind of person he is. If you disagree with my assessment, but all means, share. From what I read, he was an asshole, but everybody felt obligated to put up with him anyway.

What stood out to me the most was the persecution complex that Rutherford had against the media. It reminded me so much of when I hear Trump railing against the unfair media. Claiming it's false news. Rutherford did the same thing.

If you want to discuss this observation with me, great! If not, feel free to move along.

I can't find where it is, but I was reading his report about one of the conventions in the 20s or 30s. If I can find it again, I will post it. I

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Joseph Rutherford = Donald Trump

Nope. There might be similarities in some character flaws, but Joseph Rutherford = Joseph Rutherford and Donald Trump = Donald Trump

I know that a lot of people in this forum learn a lot about things by comparison (i.e., being a JW is like living in North Korea), but at some point somebody should start advocating for people to start facing the realities of their own lives.

There has to a psychological/sociological explanation for how Rutherford and Trump rose to power, despite being such horrible people.

There is. Research the psychology of harmful leadership. The profile of the cult follower, and collective negative influence.

You will be surprised how much information about it there is.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    There is. Research the psychology of harmful leadership. The profile of the cult follower, and collective negative influence.
    You will be surprised how much information about it there is.

I will read up on it. Group-think is so powerful. We humans are stupid people. I continue to be disappointed in the human race.

• fukitol
    fukitol

For god's sake. Does Donald Trump have to be a reference point for every character assassination?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

One day I will work out how to get the quote to come up in a little yellow box....

Wingy said - Why even bring this type of stuff to this forum? Why stir shit up? This is supposed to be a JW / ex-JW forum.

Just because many of us were raised as geopolitical illiterates does not mean that we have to stay that way!

Just be glad the you got the clown and not the criminal cartel.

- RB

• new boy
    new boy

The alcoholic and self-proclaimed “Judge” Rutherford after his hostile takeover of their organization (where almost a third of their members left) also gave the date of 1925 for the end of the world. He changes their name to Jehovah's Witnesses. He eliminated all of Russel’s "pagan" influences like the pyramid and numerology. He tells his followers how Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and Moses, will appear at their conventions soon. However he doesn’t want these dead Bible characters at Bethel. He’ll put them all up three thousand miles away in San Diego California in his own mansion there. Just so no one gets suspicious about the house, Rutherford even puts their names in the deed to the house. He slams all other churches, and broadcasts hate messages against the Catholic Church and League of United Nations. He makes Prohibition the enemy, he even courted Hitler's favor. An alcoholic ego manic whack job for sure.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    For god's sake. Does Donald Trump have to be a reference point for every character assassination?

But he's such a good example.

• apostrate
    apostrate

Actually, I am not a big fan of Donald Trump as a person. But I guess it would take an A-hole like Trump to go in and cut through the crap that has stagnated politics the way it has. Donald Trump has managed to get the economy going in the right direction in a surprisingly short amount of time because he approaches the tasks he takes on as a businessman, not as a politician. Not surprising that politicians hate him, he is making them look bad, much the same way that Jesus made the religious leaders of his day look bad.

Not that I'm trying to compare Trump to Jesus, I'm not. But Trump is doing good things for the country despite how the media puts a negative spin on everything he does.

On the other hand, Rutherford did nothing good for his people. Nothing. If anyone knows of anything good that Rutherford did for anybody, please let me know.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Interestingly I was discussing this with a guy on the carts the other day. I was telling him how the antics of Rutherford been a womanising alcoholic, were well documented. Unsurprisingly he was totally unaware and put it down to haters on the internet. I guess he would be a good candidate for supporting Donald Trump..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit