Scriptures That Bothered You as a JW Kid.

by Sea Breeze 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

My big one was:

Rev. 20: 5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished."

I never could understand how the bible couldn't get this right since everyone (righteous and unrighteous) were supposed to be resurrected during the Thousand Year Reign according to WT publications.

Oooops, I guess I wasn't supposed to pick up on this.

• startingover
    startingover
    I could never understand the inherited sin thing.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The stuff about the lady being tested for adultery by having some mud put on her thigh - if it withered she was guilty.

.....hope she worked on her cellulite🤷‍♀️

Also the scripture about no angel ever calling himself God's son.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

This may be the one you are referrng to:

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? - Hebrews 1: 7

Answer? NONE, because Jesus never was an angel?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

That one about the bloke that tried to steady the ark of the covenant made me think that god was a vindictive bully. I can't be bothered looking for the scripture at the moment because I no longer believe all that guff.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Kill anyone old enough to pee against a wall..

Samson gathering foxes like 30 of them) and tying their tails together, and in the knot of those tails he placed a flame lit torch... then as the torch burned all these wild animals that were tied together in pairs waited for his word to all run in the same direction in an orderly manner to set the place on fire.

It is to me the most unrealistic drivel ever. Me discussing this with my book study conductor in the late 80s as an 11 year old got me labeled.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Executing kids for sassing their parents.

WTF?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Isaiah 11:6 . . . “the wolf will actually reside for a while with the male lamb”?

Why does this description of the future Paradise limit it to just "for a while"?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Rev. 20: 5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.""

I asked the person studying with me about this.

It means that the people won't be fully perfect and sinless until the end of the 1000 years. They will be 'dead' as in having some sin, until the end of the 1000 years.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Some miserable bald 'prophet' that got bears to brutally murder children because he had hurty feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit