Scriptures That Bothered You as a JW Kid.

by Sea Breeze 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

I'm not sure if bothered is the right word for me, (Parents started studying when I was an adolescent) but references to external sources which the bible writer clearly viewed as authoritative did seem to fit into picture presented by JW's

These would include The Annals of King David, The Book of Jasher, The Book of Enoch, etc.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Ezekiel 39:7==>"Son of man, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Call out to every kind of bird and all the wild animals: 'Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, the great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood.

Especially the words: Call out to every kind of bird and all the wild animals: 'Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, the great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood.

I had soooooo many nightmares about the animals hunting to eat the people who didn't become dubs (and those, according to some SPIMIs throughout the decades not only in talks but also within plenty of conversations) dubs who--behind closed doors--not being completely obedient! 😨😨😰 I really felt sick to my stomach and had headaches when this and the blood ban were time and time again mentioned. 🤢🤮

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

the scriptures that bothered me were these stories: the angels came into Lot and the men of the city wanted to have relations with the men and Lot offered his daughters. Then there is the traveler fellow with a concubine who was taken in from the city square by an old fellow and the townsmen wanted to have relations with the traveler...so they give over the woman and she is raped to death! ( so traveler cuts up her body and distributes it throughout the area) So much for chivalry!! So much for depravity! ( not as a kid, but to this day )

Another one that I never could figure out: David counts the people and what was it, 70,000 die? Not to mention That by all rights David and Bathsheba should have been killed under the law.--when I think of David, I think as bad as I have known some men to be, they weren't any worse than David-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit