Thinking of becoming a JW - Need urgent honest advice!!!

by natalienu 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Nat,

Okay, I goofed the first time, now let's try again.

Please excuse me if I seem a bit negative, but this is a set up if ever I have seen one.

Firstly, your would be lover can't be so wonderful afterall - 'cause he is a dub remember.

Secondly, I have doubts about whether you could be 'normal' considering your opinion of Mr. Wonderful.

Two suggestions from the lord cheeses. 1. Screw the arse off 'The Wonder', approach the elders to advise them that there is a wicked fornicator in their righteous midst, and

2. Seek medical advice - namely a brain scan - 'cause you obviously missed out on one when they were handed out.

cheeses - just dropping by to spread some love.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

No one here has anything to lose or gain by advising you how to decide. So take the advice or you, your friends family and future children will be sorry later !

JW's will desperately try to convince you otherwise.

PS.... lookout for the 'love bombing' tactic - misery loves company.

-W

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Don't do it. If he truly loves you, then it won't matter if you're a JW or not. While being a JW has a few benefits, like instantly having a bunch of "friends," it comes at a cost. You will slowly lose your freedoms. As a JW, you are strongly urged not to celebrate holidays, watch TV shows and movies containing sex, violence, or magic. You also can't hold jobs if they are associated with another religious organization. For instance, I couldn't get into Theocratic Ministry School until my volunteer time at the Salvation Army was over, but yet some of the JWs admit to buying stuff from SA. It's little hypocritical things like that that make it a bad place.

JWs also perpetually hint that they alone have a monopoly on the truth and that they are a cut above everybody else. They are extremely arrogant and elitist, and I'm sure you'll pick up those tendencies if you study with them long enough. They try to cut you off from your friends and family whom they deem "bad association."

Don't join. It's not worth your freedom. Don't. Do. It.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Natalienu, everyone that has posted thus far, means no ill will whatsoever, but most certainly speak from personal experiences.

Jgnat, started an excellent thread in early September. If you wish, please click on it, and give it a good read:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

Remember, you don't have to believe anything here, but research it and see whether or not it is so.

Check out the thread. Trust me, she knows where you are coming from.

I hope you will seriously re-think any decision to become a Jehovah's Witness.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Natalienu,

Congratulations on having the sense to come here and ask. I sorely wish I had this forum at my disposal 20 years ago!

Please don't get involved if it means your becoming a JW or your partner remaining one! You WILL experience more pain than you can imagine if you do. And please don't fall for that "OK, I'll leave the organisation for you" garbage. Before you know it, he'll be back in - and you'll have to accept the consequences.

Please don't think these comments are negative. We are positive people trying to be of real help to you. We've so much experience to share.

Here's my story (click on link): http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/47295/1.ashx

Almost everyone here could tell you their own story, which is just as horrifying and traumatic. Many left the Witnesses years ago but the pain has remained. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Sincere best wishes,

Ian

• heianderen
    heianderen

I won't tell you what to do

I only share some facts (not opinions) with you, then you decide:

-They have lied about their history in their publications, this is demonstrable using their own publications.
    -You won't be allowed to use your concience about the medical use of blood. If you don't conform you will be shuned.
    -The incidence of mental illnes in the JW comunity is far higher than the average population.
    -They conform a totalitarian mass movement, easily demonstrable, think like us or die, this is their main mesage.
    -Their historical and scientifical knowlegde is almost inexistent. Therefore their vision of the world is obsolete and naive. This is also demonstrable by means of their own publications.

-It is really hard to pretend to be a JW whithout faith in them. This is a hard fact.

_Heianderen_

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome ! I hope you are not put-off by the seemingly negative comments by our posters.

For most of us this is a very passionate subject. I was married for 15 years to a "truth-baby". This is a person raised from birth as a witness. So, as with many others here I feel qualified to speak about this matter.

Remember that the witnesses feel they are in a "spiritual war" and are told by their masters in Brooklyn that it is OK to lie to people to get them in the "truth". They employ "love bombing" on newly interested ones. (Read Steve Hassan's book on mind control cults). Your love is a very poor witness for even dating you and this will come back to haunt you both if you get involved with them and really follow the party-line. You will have to give up any worldly family and friends for these people. They will be your world. Any children will HAVE to be witnesses. This is the case even if you never become a witness but marry this fellow.

Better to get involved with an ex-witness who has come to see them as the evil they are. You and any children you might have would be safer knowing how deceptively wicked they really are! Maverick

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Maverick, you meant a 'recovered' ex-witness, correct? I mean, were dealing with a person that has a normal life here. If you don't believe me, ask my wife!

Guest 77

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi there and welcome here. You will get much honest information here. Bottom line is, being curious is not a bad thing. Just guard your heart. The JW's are a cult-like organization and very strict and dogmatic. From the outside it appears "too good to be true". It is. There are many serious flaws in their belief system and the way they live their lives, many shunning family members completely--just because they choose a different path later on.

No doubt this gentleman friend of yours presents a nice package, but even with his interest in you, he is living on the edge of their doctrines. Depending upon how tied up he is in it, and his family, will depend upon how secure your relationship will be since you are an outsider. Studying with them is not a bad thing, if you are just seeking information about them; but it is never that simple in their strategic plans for newcomers. They will latch onto you and pull you in. Free will comes to mind here, and if I were you, I would RUN to the nearest exit and not go back.

What happens to most sincere people, attempting to find joy and happiness and acceptance in a religious group situation, they are brought in and giving all the love and attention in the world. They make you feel so loved and welcome. They push for bible study and baptism--you are included in most everything, with promises to be included and made a part of everything, ONCE you are baptized; and then BAM, they've got you. The web has been spun, and you are that little innocent butterfly that ventured too close, got caught in the web and will be devoured. You will lose yourself quickly, as none of what you "think" matters anymore. It is the organization that will dictate your every move, and watchful eyes that will catch you in your weaknesses.

I've been there. You can check my posting history since I put my first thread on here in June of '02. It is your choice, and no one can make it for you. Be very careful! It can take a big chunk out of your life and change you forever.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

nata ....... just say nada

xjw_b12 who is glad "Cheeses" is still around to dispense his sardonic wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit