Thinking of becoming a JW - Need urgent honest advice!!!

by natalienu 93 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Nat,

Just how long have you known this fellow...? And how involved are you emotionally at this point...? Would you be able to walk away at this point...? Because that is my advice to you. If you are a woman who likes her independence, how willing would you be to just give all your personal power and decision-making over to your husband...? How long have you known this fellow ...? I ask again...? Because he is asking you to change, by wanting you to study and "become" a jw. Why does he want you to change...? And into what...? A robot...? A submissive wife...? Why does he want you to change...? What's wrong with you the way you are...? Seriously ... would these be healthy changes?

Don't kid yourself, Nat. You will be doing all the changing and he will find no end of things to change about you ... and you will never be quite good enough. That is the bottom line with the jws. It is a religion of high control and fear. You will learn to fear your husband and fear god. Your husband might as well be god, because when he speaks and makes the final decision, that is the end of the matter.

Some of the new house rules:

• Have to give up all your friends and your girls' nights out
    • Have to give up all your relatives who aren't jw
    • Have to give up all those fun holidays
    • Have to turn all your possessions over to your husband, since he is head of the house

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESTEE

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I think she has taken the advice.........

Pope

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Henry David Thoreu said "Its easier to stay out then it is to get out". Burn rubber girl! Forget about your JW man and get on with your life, don't borrow trouble.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

You sound like a bright, positive person.... keep it up and you might even be able to convince him to cease being a JW himself..... he will love you for it later .... that is as soon as he figures out what real love is.... it usually takes a little while after one leaves that religion.

Brad

• dorkycrass
    dorkycrass

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR.

LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES. IT GOES BEYOND COLOR, RACE, ACCENT, FEATURES, RELIGION.

GIVE THE KIDDO A CHANCE.

• integ
    integ

Please don't.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

Do not become a JW for this guy. You will be miserable and your relationship will be based around a lie. The JWs are a high control religious group that will take over your life and ruin relationships with your current family and friends in many ways.

I would highly recommend that you read books on mind control. A really good one is "Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Steven Hassan. You might also want to read the book entitled, "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse".

Jeff S.

• free will
  • SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I am in FULL agreement: RUN! This religion will take away your normal life and replace it with guilt, fear and blind devotion. It is a psycho cult that I spent a good 18 years devoting myself too! If you want to experience something truly Evil, then become a Jehovah's Witness.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I married a JW who was away from "the truth" at the time and has since returned. My life is one of constant tension and mental stress caused by this group, and this is mostly because of the antagonistic way they veiw everything that I stand for, the endless hours she spends dedicating herself to this group in order to save her own life and to avoid stepping out of line, demon possession, etc., and the fact that she is steering our young son down this same path. I have done much research on the background of this religion and have confidently concluded that it is simply an organization of men. No JW, including my wife, has been able to provide a single convincing reason why the organization could possibly be anything more than that. Just like when a slick salesperson tries to sell you a timeshare while you're on vacation, the Watchtower sales pitch & arguments can sound pretty convincing. But when you go back home and do some research from other sources, you get an entirely different picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit