What police have to deal with

by LoveUniHateExams 49 Replies latest social current

• TD
    TD

Look at what these poor officers had to put up with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVy9rzWKUBY

The smile on Ms. Ayala's face when the officer starts lying is priceless.

On a more series note, LUHE, Governor Northam, Mark Herring, the Attorney General, The Windsor City Council and the Windsor Police Department disagree with your YouTube source.

Joe Gutierrez has been fired for not following procedure.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I come from a long family of law enforcement. What we have to put up with is just ridiculous!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Do note that for all the crap we give police officers in the US, the US has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

Compared to many places in Europe and Asia, every person of any race and gender is a lot safer here.

Norway and Denmark, the countries that always get pulled out as the hallmark of police reform and no-jail has a “rape epidemic”. Women simply can’t walk outside anywhere in Nordic countries’ cities without being harassed or raped and Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brussels, Paris and other major cities are following quickly where no-go zones have now been established for going on nearly 2 decades.

Other northern EU countries including the UK have crime at twice, three and four times the rate of the US which is well below the average.

We take care of our criminals way too much. More criminals should get shot and police and civilians should get full immunity for it. We should also reinstate the death penalty within 36 months of conviction for any murder while committing other crime. It would lower the crime rate significantly.

• Simon
    Simon

That's because of all the Muslim immigrants and the rape culture they brought with them.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Yep - I'm all for gun control.....use both hands!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" That's because of all the Muslim immigrants and the rape culture they brought with them.".

And their Religious leaders are responsible for not bringing an end to that Culture. They are well known for receiving " New Light" like the JW's, so only have to proclaim that such Crimes will mean a person is Excommunicated ( Takfir) from the community if proven guilty, and it would stop most of them.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Is it time we brought in another type of official to deal with these cases? - this is a good question and I have no doubt that your motives are also good.

But how would that work out in practice?

Cops patrol the streets, focussing on pedestrians, and traffic cops focus on people driving their vehicles.

It's typically impossible to know if citizens are suicidal or homicidal. I guess if you had a case of a man on a bridge threatening to jump off then you send in the 'suicide squad' but in all other circumstances it's impossible to know.

E.g. if cops try to stop an armed guy driving a car, and they eventually get him to stop, and the guy gets out the car ignoring commands and waving a gun … how would the cops know whether that guy is suicidal or homicidal?

^^^ And remember, the cops often have to make quick decisions in a split second. <--- it just wouldn't work.

Bottom line: citizens should live within the law and comply with officers of the law. This should be taught explicitly in schools, if necessary. Y'know, 'Citizen Studies' or something similar.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Joe Gutierrez has been fired for not following procedure - specifically, what did he do wrong?

And, of course, the footage in the video I linked still shows the crap the cops have to put up with. What kind of procedure was the army guy following? I guess it was the 'I don't have to comply with cops and I can video them to score social justice points on FaceBook' procedure, lol.

The cops were actually pretty reasonable and patient under the circumstances, as far as I could tell.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The smile on Ms. Ayala's face when the officer starts lying is priceless - I guess you're referring to when he mentioned 'the tinted windows'. Was the cop lying here?

Was the police stop in the video you posted, in fact, illegal?

• minimus
    minimus

There are a few bad cops. There are a few bad mothers and doctors and lawyers etc. the majority are not bad. Does society need to impose requirements for all mothers, doctors and lawyers because of a few bad eggs? I don’t think so. Regarding the officer who shot the guy with a gun vs. taser, I’ll not judge the anxiety of the moment. The chaos that’s unraveling! Bottom line is the law breaker refused to obey the commands of the officers and got shot and still tried to drive off! Was he going to drive to the nearest hospital for help or was he still once again trying to get away???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit