Our J.W friends still have issues with beards 2022??Why?

by Witness 007 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Our Witness friend who during covid grew his beard has been hassled by Elders who asked him "why" he chose to have facial growth. He for real, had to give an answer why. This is Pharasees total rubbish. Cult cult cult!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Tell him it's a good thing he didn't get an ear pierced.

• Ding
    Ding

Total obedience and uniformity above all...

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

They are a high control cult masquerading as a religion - try to politely leave them and see what happens!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Even when I was a Jobot I didn't understand the 'beard' thing.

Now it just screams 'CULT'.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Reasons: . It might offend someone. A beard is rarely seen in the US, though accepted in parts of Europe. You will not qualify for stage parts. ( talk about a hollow threat)

I have been complimented by neighbors, family, friends on covering my mug.

As for rare, surveys show 1/3 to 1/2 US men have facial hair. I did an informal survey at the mall, 7 of 10 had beards, and not just mustaches either.

If I shave it will offend neighbors, family, workmates, and me. Neatly trimmed,xtoo.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Rutherford hated beards. He said "No beards." Since Watchtower math is "obedience = everlasting life" they did not question. Any attempt to answer the question outside of this is just an ignorant Witness trying to sound pious.

• TD
    TD

The JW assertion that beards are unusual in the U.S. is bullshit

Thirty-three percent of American males have beards. This is down from slightly over fifty percent 10 years ago.

Among Architects and Engineers, the figure is close to 90 percent

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

(Top frame) We have Blackbeard The Pirate doing bad things like pillaging villages, torture and murder. Notice his dirty, straggly beard. He now is resurrected to life in Paradise.

Now, Blackbeard's ( played by Tony Orlando ) conduct changes with a Bible study and literature. In order to show how meek and how much he loves Jehovah, he shaves his straggly beard, cuts his hair and (somehow ) is resurrected in his old Pirate clothes.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

TD That's very interesting. So, far from it not being usual - or acceptable - in the US, it's actually less usual nowadays, than it was previously. Yet you can't look any where today without seeing a beard so it's utterly absurd for watchtower to say beards are not ok.

In the past I knew people in the UK who had them. Usually JW men who were the nicest guys because they were not ambitious. They tended to more than pull their weight, but without having the 'title'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit