Our J.W friends still have issues with beards 2022??Why?

by Witness 007 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

MW - That's grand, thanks.

Published the year before Armageddon(tm) came.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The WT's September 2022 study article (as shown in the JW website) called ' “Bringing the Many to Righteousness” ' shows the biblical Daniel wearing a beard in the New World paradise Earth and the caption to the illustration says the following. "How thrilling it will be to see Daniel, our loved ones, and many more “stand up” for their lot in the new world! (See paragraph 20)"

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Brother Balzereit had grown a beard very similar to the one that had been worn by Brother Russell. There were others who ALLEGEDLY also wanted to look like Brother Russell. This could give rise to a tendency toward creature worship, and Rutherford wanted to prevent this. So during his next visit he told Brother Balzereit that he could buy the rotary press but only on the condition that he shave off his beard and worshipfully copy rutherford's bare faced appearance instead.

Fixed?

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

@Disillusioned

The WT's September 2022 study article (as shown in the JW website) called ' “Bringing the Many to Righteousness” ' shows the biblical Daniel wearing a beard in the New World paradise Earth and the caption to the illustration says the following. "How thrilling it will be to see Daniel, our loved ones, and many more “stand up” for their lot in the new world! (See paragraph 20)"

on the other hand in the symposium on Sunday morning of the last regional congress they presented Joseph without beard at a table among brothers, in a post-Armageddon environment ... always the usual double standard, the usual WT ambiguity

See at min.14:00

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2022Convention/pub-co-r22_143_VIDEO

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Here’s the picture of DanielDisillusioned JW” was mentioning found in the September 2022 WT Study. But I’m sure this was early on in the resurrection before Daniel was shuffled into the back room by the elders & counselled to shave off his beard for maximum conformity. He would have been referred to the compliant Joseph as a prime example in the new paradise of obedience to the rules.

#BestLifeInParadiseEver

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Back in the day they published this about beards.. after explaining why they now depicted Jesus with a beard, they said:

Wt 1968 5/1 p 288

“In paradise restored on earth it would not be out of order if men returned to wearing beards, in perfect fashion, like Adam in Eden.”

In UK these days it does not seem to be a problem, I have seen several bearded brothers, including elders.

The counsel against them ,in my times started in the late sixties/ seventies when they were seen to be a “ hippie” thing. Most of us could not see a problem with them though, if neat and tidy.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Down from 50% eh?? So is testosterone I’ll wager… perfect for the GB, they like their men docile..

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So…the guy that had mutton chops is now a JC Penny’s model?? I bet Tomo is watching from heaven just a waitin’ fer that there Chinaman to stop wearing those funny clothes and git baptized…

DD 🤔

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When I was an active JW I tried the beard thing and at the time I grew a goatee that was well groomed ,I soon got the attention of the P,O, as they were called at that time.

And I was pressured to give it up .Many years later I tried it again and got a slap on my wrist so to speak and had to give it away again.

I`ve been out since 1993 and haven`t been without a well groomed beard since then .

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. One elder had a mild fit. One and his wife just looked. A few friends of wife no comment, except for one suggesting a goatee or vandyke. Still zooming due to family health. I am same person, kind, helpful. Will not miss assigned skits one bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit