Our J.W friends still have issues with beards 2022??Why?

by Witness 007 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A well-groomed beard can make a man more attractive…

…and I suspect the Org doesn’t want its members too pretty.

• Bartolomeo
  • waton
    waton

men were the outdoor protectors of the families, and sunshine does terrible things to skin and lips. Beards are natural protection for these areas.

While surfing up and down the coast of California, Hawaii, the pacific islands, I was known as the "tape man" , for covering my lips, cheeks and of course wearing a hat while on the board. On occasions my lips got burned, I looked like a Hiroshima survivor, my wife refused to kiss me ha ha. That what happens when near arctic dwellers invade other's spaces. so

let proven natural features reign. smooth faces are for the ladies, the biblical "workers at home" .

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

the absolutely interesting thing is that the vast majority of the brothers look without problems - indeed with a certain reverence - at images, illustrations and video reconstructions of the characters of the past all bearded and also abundantly, only to be scandalized when in their congregation a brother allows himself to grow his beard. Cognitive dissonance?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Tell him it's a good thing he didn't get an ear pierced

I wonder how they’d police clit piercing ? 🤫

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    We have Blackbeard The Pirate doing bad things like pillaging villages, torture and murder. Notice his dirty, straggly beard. He now is resurrected to life in Paradise.
    Now, Blackbeard's ( played by Tony Orlando ) conduct changes with a Bible study and literature. In order to show how meek and how much he loves Jehovah, he shaves his straggly beard, cuts his hair and (somehow ) is resurrected in his old Pirate clothes

What a hoot! This’d be hilarious if we didn’t know that the Borg actually is serious about this stuff.

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

WT doesn't even like sideburns as this illustration shows:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102012188

• waton
    waton
    Tell him it's a good thing he didn't get an ear pierced.

why not? just like shaving,

The mark of the awl through to the door jamb could become the bible approved symbol of the watchtower slaves, for those that like it that way. aw[l]ful. Deut 15, 15, 16 17.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Like everyone else here, I've heard it was filthy pig Boozerford that stopped beards.

Was anything ever committed to writing about this? IE Old publications? Or is it just word of mouth?

I wonder where the first written prohibition of beards was?

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

From Beards and Attire - readJW.Info

“Brother Balzereit asked Brother Rutherford for permission to buy a rotary press. Brother Rutherford saw the necessity and agreed, but on one condition. He had noticed that over the years Brother Balzereit had grown a beard very similar to the one that had been worn by Brother Russell. His example soon caught on, for there were others who also wanted to look like Brother Russell. This could give rise to a tendency toward creature worship, and Brother Rutherford wanted to prevent this. So during his next visit, within hearing of all the Bible House family, he told Brother Balzereit that he could buy the rotary press but only on the condition that he shave off his beard. Brother Balzereit sadly agreed and afterward went to the barber. During the next few days there were several cases of mistaken identity and some funny situations because of the “stranger” who was sometimes not recognized by his fellow workers.”

[1974 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses pp97-98]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit