Our J.W friends still have issues with beards 2022??Why?

by Witness 007 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Just be thankful that Rutherford didn’t advocate for castration.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It was always total nonsense bullshit. President N. H. Knorr wanted the j.w's to mimic the "standards" of Corporate America, which he thought was the thing that was the highest of standards. Hence the suits, corporate hairstyles etc etc.

This was indicative of his, and even the present G.B's, parochial view of things.

The world has moved on, about 20 years ago, and gone from long Hipster beards, back to stubble. It is noteworthy that Jesus melted into a crowd, and escaped being apprehended, by looking like every other Hip bloke of his day. J.W's I can pick out as "weirdos" even when driving through a Town far from home. Because of imposed, nonsense, bullshit, non-Biblical "standards".

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Phizzy

It was always total nonsense bullshit. President N. H. Knorr wanted the j.w's to mimic the "standards" of Corporate America, which he thought was the thing that was the highest of standards. Hence the suits, corporate hairstyles etc etc.

After 40 years in and 10 years out, you'll see that the Watchtower Society is a Corporation disguised as a Religion. Clean cut haircuts, no beards, suits and ties, woman in dresses that cover their knees, brief cases to carry their books and literature, Publishers driving around with a ''sales and marketing'' pitch.

If God made man to grow beards, who is the Watchtower Society to overrule that decision?

STUPID MANMADE RULE!

• pokertopia
    pokertopia

If you grow a beard, you look charming.

• Shade607
    Shade607

I grew a beard so I could save the money spent on barbers, razors, shaving cream, and aftershave. The money I am saving on those things can now be donated to the Organization just as Brother Lett has instructed on the WT televangelist channel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit