I'm so excited! Got the proof for my book cover today!

by SanFranciscoJim 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Squares, Triangles, and Saucers is as much a human drama as it is a work of science fiction. The author unapologetically explores human interaction and emotion. He imaginatively puts a different light on extraterrestrials, their purpose for visiting this planet, and how they may interact with us."

Sounds Great SanJim!

Congrats to you on a venture I have only dreamed of.

Cassi

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Jim what a great story idea. I love it. Can I get tickets for the premire when hollywood gets ahold of it? I'll be your beard if ya like

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

SF JIM: Mark me down for one, when you get the books.

I'll be more than happy to get an autographed copy of your book, and of course, send you a money order soon as you get them.

Congratulations!

• bernie
    bernie

Where in WI is your book signing.And Congrats!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Wow! So much positive response! Thank you all!

WOW SFJ: How long is it? Whoosh took Thunder a year for Thunder Riders Burden and since May on his second in the trilogy. I bow before you being able to write so quickly.

I consider this novel a "practice book" for me -- something to get my feet wet in the publishing world. I am currently working on a much longer novel about immortality. "Squares" is around 150 pages long (not sure how the publisher will format it). The book I'm currently writing will likely be around three times that size.

Yes, I do write fast, but only when I am in the mood. If I'm not inspired, I can stare at the screen for hours and come up with one or two paragraphs. If I get a shot of inspiration, I can write like a whirlwind. Writer's block is a terrible thing, and I am frequently plagued by it. Posting on this and other forums helps me hone my writing skills and lubricate the writer's block.

Where in WI is your book signing.And Congrats!
    I have a bookstore in Sheboygan interested in featuring my book. I still have to hammer out all the details, but can't do so until I know my publisher's release schedule.
  • Panda
    Panda

SFJim, Wonderful!!! I am excited for you and for me too because I'll get to read your book. The story is moving and I'd like to have my book club read it.. tell that publisher to move along...

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Will it be for sale in Europe too ?,
    If not please send me a signed copy...

Branda

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Good job SanFranJimski!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Wow, congratulations. Watch for a PM, I have some questions, one writer to another.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Congratulations, Jim! Your book sounds awesome. Keep us posted, your book would defiantly be something that I would be interested in reading. You mentioned that you were going to be doing a book signing at a PA bookstore. I'm in PA let me know which one, maybe it's close to where I live.

Hapgood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit