I'm so excited! Got the proof for my book cover today!

by SanFranciscoJim 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Also, it goes without saying that if your book signing brings you to Seattle we have a guest room you are welcome to stay in.

Gretch

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

SanFranJim - Wow! That is so cool! How long did it take you to write? Lemme know when it comes out...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congrats!

I want to be a published author someday, too. It is a lot of work. How did you get on Joker 10's unemployed list?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

SanFJ: That is so cool, seeing a proof is just the most awesome thing. What is your story about?

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Awesome Jim, I can hardly wait to get a copy.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    How long did it take you to write?

The initial writing took me only about 5 weeks. The editing, on the other hand, took about 4 months to complete.

What is your story about?

Here is a synopsis of the book as it appears on the back cover:

"Jason Deering comes from a loving but dysfunctional family. In his youth, he finds himself bullied by his schoolmates. Only a motley group of hippies, and one special girl, accept Jason at face value. He soon strikes out on his own, only to form a business relationship with Russell Tazian, a heartless, unscrupulous man with designs on Jason's bank account. Unable to pay his debts to Tazian, Jason flees for his life. He discovers strange destinations far away from his familiar rural Pennsylvania surroundings, complete with bizarre casts of characters.

Follow Jason's travels across North America and the Caribbean as he encounters a cavalcade of unusual people, while he searches for that most elusive of all emotions-love. He falls into a repetitive cycle of moving to a new locale, meeting a new girl, falling in love, and losing her. Finally, he meets a woman he intends to marry, only to find that she has become engaged to someone else. Enraged and heartbroken, Jason devises a plan to commit suicide. A pilot, he rents an aircraft with intentions to fly to the Virgin Islands to kill himself, when he is abducted out of Bermuda airspace by extraterrestrials. The aliens, having never before interacted with a suicidal human being, find themselves in an unexpected confrontation.

Squares, Triangles, and Saucers is as much a human drama as it is a work of science fiction. The author unapologetically explores human interaction and emotion. He imaginatively puts a different light on extraterrestrials, their purpose for visiting this planet, and how they may interact with us."

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ok, I am hooked already. Great concept, by the way.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

WOW SFJ: How long is it? Whoosh took Thunder a year for Thunder Riders Burden and since May on his second in the trilogy. I bow before you being able to write so quickly. Myself I am not a prolific writer. My Professor is so peeved cause my Kansas story hasn't gone anywhere in a while and she loves it and wants me to finish LOL I CAN'T WORK UNDER PRESSURE LOL Seriously I haven't written hardly anything since my Mom died, major writers block.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wow Congrats. I remember how I felt when I got mine a couple of weeks ago.

I actually framed it and have it on the wall near me.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Jim))

That's is such wonderful news!! Congratulations. I hope you come to Dallas for a book signing.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit