I'm so excited! Got the proof for my book cover today!

by SanFranciscoJim 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis
    Squares, Triangles, and Saucers is as much a human drama as it is a work of science fiction. The author unapologetically explores human interaction and emotion. He imaginatively puts a different light on extraterrestrials, their purpose for visiting this planet, and how they may interact with us."

See....I told you Northern Cali had the best weed in the United States! *LOL* SFJim...sounds cool from your description. Best of luck!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hey Jim! Congrats on your work making its way to the public! When it's all done and released, send me your URL and I'll put a link to it on my website. Glad things are moving forward for you. My music is at a temporary standstill at the moment. Please do let us know when it comes out.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Will it be for sale in Europe too ?

My publisher has assured me that Amazon.com will list the book, and I believe they ship worldwide. My publisher may or may not have sales staff to market it in Europe. I hope they do. I've already received some very strong interest in the book from Budapest, Hungary.

You mentioned that you were going to be doing a book signing at a PA bookstore. I'm in PA let me know which one, maybe it's close to where I live.

Hi Hapgood. The bookstore that has expressed interest is in Reading PA. I may have a couple of leads in the Philadelphia area, too. Where in PA are you, if you don't mind my asking?

See....I told you Northern Cali had the best weed in the United States! *LOL*

Valis....too bad I don't live in California any more.....LOL!

When it's all done and released, send me your URL and I'll put a link to it on my website.
    Will do, Nos. Thanks! Just make sure none of your Nigerian pals send me a phony cashier's check for a copy......LOL!!
  • waiting
    waiting

Congratulations on your achievement, Jim!

And a Big Achievement too!

Please make sure to keep us posted for release date so we can swamp Amazon with orders.

This forum has some REALLY talented posters. REALLY.

Waydago, Jim.

• acsot
    acsot

Congratulations!! That is great news, and what a great story line. Fantastic!

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

COOL BEANS! I can't wait to read it!

Thunder

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Jim,

I feel like I've 'known' you since way back in the day on Tishie's old board. Not only am I very happy for you personally, I think it's extra sweet that you have come so far and had such succes since you were abused by the Borg, for nothing more than being who you are.

You (and several others on this board) are an example that should be held up to those still suffering within that organization!

Congrats!

• Aztec
    Aztec

That sounds wonderful Jim. I'm a big sci-fi fan. My personal favorite is Frank Herbert. Congratulations on a great acheivement!

~Aztec

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Jim is there anything of a, ahem, sexual nature in the book? After all us (quoting E-man) randy 20 somethings enjoy that aspect too.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Jim is there anything of a, ahem, sexual nature in the book? After all us (quoting E-man) randy 20 somethings enjoy that aspect too.

Stacy, if you're asking if any of the lead characters are gay, no. I may write the "great American gay novel" someday, but after I began the outline of the book, I felt that sexuality would be a distraction and detract from the overall message I am trying to convey in the book. I was severely chastised by a couple of gay friends who thought I was "betraying" the gay community by making the lead characters heterosexual. As an author, I have learned to expect criticism, and allow each to their own opinions. Since it is my book, it was my choice how I wanted to write it.

There are some rather intimate scenes in the book, however, that I believe will appeal to "randy 20-somethings".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit