I'm so excited! Got the proof for my book cover today!

by SanFranciscoJim 44 Replies latest jw friends

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Well, it's been a long time coming, but my publisher just sent me the proof for the cover of my sci-fi novel today, and it looks fantastic! I wrote back and told them it was well worth the wait.

As soon as they release the book, I'll make a shameless announcement so you can all rush out and buy a copy. (Unless, of course, you want me to come to your town for a book-signing!)

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

SFJ -

HOORAY!!!!

This is great news!!! When is it supposed to hit the shelves?!

growedup

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    When is it supposed to hit the shelves?!

Your guess is as good as mine. It's been typeset for months, has an ISBN number, and now that it has a cover proof, it shouldn't be much longer.

I was kinda hoping it would be out by Christmas, but I think realistically it will be early next year. As soon as I know for sure, I'll let everyone know. I've already given the release go-ahead to the publisher.

• morty
    morty

Congrats Sanfranjim....Book Club

My town is a bit far, but if your really interested, I will

see what I can do for you....Woohoo!!!!!

You must feel so excited...Your hard work as paid off

I want the first autograph...

Good for you!!!!!Studying

Morty

• patio34
    patio34

WOW! Congratulations!

Pat

• copsec
    copsec

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! As someone who has always wanted to write a book but never have gotten the guts to go for it, I am very proud of you! I would love to read it when it comes out!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Hi Morty,

I'll travel just about anywhere for a book signing (except Nigeria....LOL!! )

I've already got bookstores in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Nova Scotia interested in signings.

You set me up with a signing, and I'll make sure you get an autographed copy! (Well.... you'll probably get one anyway.....)

• morty
    morty

I forgot to ask....Will we be able to get it at Chapters???..Let us know where we can purchase it....

I was just telling my sister about it, ( she is a sifi book freak)....she would like to know

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Let us know where we can purchase it....

I'm not sure what bookstores will be carrying it yet. The publisher has to list it in their next catalogue, and then their sales force has to sell it to the various retail outlets.

I do know that it will be available through Amazon.com, plus I plan to keep a limited supply here for autographed copies, which people will be able to order through my own personal web site. I'll get that set up as soon as I have more details on costs, etc. from the publisher.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Jim this is such good news! You are so overdue for something this positive, it could not have happened to a nicer person. Congratulations. I look forward to reading it when its released. Be sure to let us know where we can get it.

Gretchen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit