My "shameless" relationship with my ex wife

by Jayk 37 Replies latest social relationships

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Lasting love can be tough without the complications you've mentioned.

• Jayk
    Jayk

I didnt think this situation was gonna be easy. She is her own person and knows what she wants. She is emotionally conflicted with other things in her life. I'm not the solution she is looking for but I'm not the problem either.

• rickroll
    rickroll

To ask us what to do is not very smart. If I were as uncertain as you I would look at seeing a therapist.

• Jayk
    Jayk

I got a private message from someone who said that. I'm a pretty logical person I understand where our marriage went wrong(I was young on immature).I think she should probably see a therapist. Like 2 weeks ago she started taking zoloft if that says anything.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Maybe you both should see a relationship therapist like a marriage therapist. Sounds like you might need help discussing things in a way where each is seen and heard. A therapist might notice some patterns or ways of being that you two don't.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

This is a convoluted situation to say the least and If you need to ask complete strangers on a JW forum about it...you're not ready to move any further forward until you seek professional advice.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I agree with Dubstepped I think couples therapy is 100% the best idea. If I am to understand during your first marriage you were a witness and she was not, that couldn’t have been easy for her. As you say, you are a very different person now. Very young people are rarely equipped for marriage so they say second time around is best!

• Jayk
    Jayk

Nahh dio I been out of the ORG since I was 16. I got married while I was 20. The reason I would ask complete strangers is because I can't going to my own family for advice. I've been told I should see a therapist which I never thought of before. But I also think i have a clear understanding of her needs and mine. I honestly think she needs to see a therapist for her own issues. Yes I probably have issues but I dont think they effect my relationships but I feel hers might..

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You have issues but they don't impact relationships. Hers, on the other hand, probably do. Did you hear that she takes Zoloft?!!! Nah man, you're all good. No therapy needed. After all, you've told us you're logical.

I don't take issue with you asking people on a forum. That's what forums are for. But you're also not listening to what people are telling you and are deflecting it toward her while singing your own praises. You understand everyone's needs, you've got it all under control, but she on the other hand....

• Jayk
    Jayk

I'm not deflecting I'm not trying to air all the details until the questions are asked. I've already admitted I was immature in the beginning of our relationship how is that deflecting? I agreed that therapy might be the right answer and i didnt consider it. My vehicle recently broken down and she had a extra and is allowing me to use it. I have nothing against her I'm asking for other people's advice to see if anyone else has been in similar situations..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit