High Unemployment Among Apostates

by Joker10 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Starbucks didn't feel that 2 1/2 years of college made me overqualified. I guess I look dumb enough to work there. Although they didn't approve of my two week vacation starting next week. So I'll be looking for another minimum wage partime job. Not a big deal.

But count me as employed, poorly employed, under employed but employed.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I didn't see the original thread.

I am employed. I am a graduate. I have been in paid employment continuously since I left school fourteen years ago. Actually, having a good job gave me the financial independence to walk away from my JW husband and my JW life, and that's the reason that good "theocratic" JW wives aren't suppose to work, or if they do are only supposed to do something low status and low paid.

Joker, an you please give us an update on the stats now a few more people have replied? In another 10 pages we might have a statistically significant sample.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Aztec,

I also wanted to say that just because Joker is saying things that aren't entirely kind it doesn't mean he or she is a troll. Benefit of the doubt is a good idea sometimes eh?

Joker10 has been trolling with the last few posts/threads he/she's made.

There's a subtle difference between being a troll and trolling.

-

Ignored One.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Stacy! Fellow Starbuckian!

We're Bucks Buddies!

yeesh.

CZAR

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Aztec:

A bit off-topic for this thread, but you mentioned that the places you are applying for all say that you are overqualified. I'm certain that this is in fact the case, but may I ask: how do they know that you are overqualified? Is it from your resume which probably lists all your qualifications and experience?

If this is so, you might want to consider tailoring your resume, perhaps having several versions which have varying levels of qualifications and experience emphasised. After all, it's not actually compulsory for you to tell prospective employers everything about yourself, nor is there any moral imperative for you to do so. Finding and negotiating employment is like a card game, and you don't have to show all your cards right at the beginning.

When you go for interviews, you might want to consider tailoring yourself for the job, rather than the other way around. Once you have the job, of course, you are in a much better position to go for other jobs which require higher qualifications, because it's always easier to move from employment to employment rather than unemployment to employment.

Something to consider.

Expatbrit

• Joker10
    Joker10

Once it reaches 10 pages I will.

• Joker10
    Joker10

ignore_one, I am a 'He'.

• larc
    larc

Joker, in your stats, I think you should include me among the employed. I am retired now, but was employed; that should count. By the way, I was a college professor for the last 16 years of my career, and had other interesting jobs before that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit