Reasons for concluding that Watchtower is in (serious) financial trouble

by slimboyfat 151 Replies latest members private

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They are good at scamming but I have to agree with those that say something definitely happened with regards to their money a few years ago. Like it was stated biuld and expand was all the rage and then all of a sudden it was stop and downsize. They not only stopped the building programs but also got rid of as many of the ones that were getting a payment from them.

Even the Gilead ones are going home or to some inner city in their Home countries so they don’t have to be paid by the WT.

Someone posted on this board a few years ago about them defaulting with a major bank. There was no proof but the evidence seems to confirm it.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I think Watchtower had all their investments with Bernie Madoff.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

their Gilead propaganda was big news for them, even I was impressed by the experiences from the platforms of DC's and seeing the groups in national dress , preaching in over 200 lands etc, what a load of cobblers, they are an embarrassment and thank god the world has woken up.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

lastmanstanding:

When we found at how "nice guy" Bernie Madoff swindled so many people through his charm and apparent financial successes, I too wondered how much of "donated" funds taken by WT/JW..org was handed to Madoff to invest in his get rich schemes for them. It would not surprise me but WT/JW..org's financials are not transparent, are they? We will never know.

Except: JW..org is ALWAYS now stressing Give Us YOUR MONEY!!! Telling?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Slim,

I think you are pretty much on the ball, and I don't rely that heavily on what the corporation publishes as far as figures because I think they are all understatements of any thing negative about the organization. they rely on deception to get them to keep on serving the corporation.

So anything hinting of the demise of the organization would naturally be tweaked in favor of the opposite.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

In 2015 the watchtower made a video asking people to help at chelmsford

in 2019 they have planned it so that people from all the uk and ireland will have to come FOR THE DAY and help with the building work at chelmsford

Rather than just geting a outside company to do it

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

As someone else mentioned, the practical help that anyone can actually give in one day is limited to say the least. In fact it might not be an exaggeration to say that an unskilled person who is there for one day is more likely to be a hindrance than a help.

So what is going on?

My theory is that they've noticed that people who visit the site tend to donate toward the project. This makes sense from the standpoint of Cialdini's persuasion principle "commitment and consistency". In other words, someone who makes a commitment toward someone is likely to follow it up with other acts consistent with that commitment. So someone who has gone to the effort of making a trip all the way to Chelmsford for the day, is also likely to put their hand in their pocket and put £20 or £50 toward the project. Whereas someone who never visits might not feel the need contribute anything.

So encouraging visits might not be about the help but about boosting donations.

Someone else mentioned it might be about building solidarity and morale among JWs. But frankly I don't think WT even care much about that at the moment. They are so concerned about gathering funds that they're closing KHs and merging congregations with no regard for longstanding communities, friendships or morale.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The closures, cutbacks and begging continue. The collapse is underway.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Everyone today is being asked to focus on regeneration and redistribution. A good question to ask the GB is what are they doing about this? Are they plundering poor people or ensuring that that the wealth they create goes back to the poor. I think that they will reply that they are the poor but are they?

the hypothesis is that if all the wealth in the world was shared equally then each and every person would receive £7,000 each per year This does not leave much for supporting an org like the wts. In fact they would need to start practicing what they think will only start when the new sys is here. Imagine getting your milk and eggs from wts farms

for details on regeneration and redistribution pls see futureLearn course on Prosperity. IT is called global prosperity beyond gdp. The new sys that jws preach can be contextualised within logical frameworks and this may help us see why we were drawn it.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    The closures, cutbacks and begging continue. The collapse is underway.

That started a long time ago and will crumble slowly for sure...but not in our lifetime!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit