How long have you been in the truth?

by Elsewhere 46 Replies latest jw friends

• freelife
    freelife

i was born into the nightmare in 1977, lived it until about a year ago. and i am still troubled by it. but i am enjoying the times now. "F" THE WTS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

My parents were baptized in March 1950. I was 4 1/2. I didn't have a chance.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I get the point of your question,however,can you tell me "What Is Truth"?I spent 60yrs in religion.27 of them as a Catholic and thirty-three of them as a JW.I'm inactive now.So,what is truth,where can truth be found,who really knows,unless it is a belief based system.In that case all worshippers in whatever religion they aspire to, claim to be in the truth.

But,to play along with your question as I understand it and still officially a JW,as all inactives are still considered.I have never been in the truth.Still waiting.

Blueblades

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

A baptized JW for 38 years

decsion to leave Dec. 1999 and exited

put on their chopping block Jan. 2000

free as a lark, happy as a pig in mud.

all my love orangefatcat..

• Gordy
    Gordy

Started Bible study with JW's March 1971

Baptised January 6th, 1972

Attended last meeting August 1999.

Baptised Christian January 7th, 2001

Officially Disassociated September, 2001

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Woke up in May of 1995 and began attending a UU church the following Father's Day -- 3 weeks later.

My son, on the other hand, woke up in '94, during a service meeting talk on the virtues of conformity. My daughter decided at the age of 8 -- in about 1991, I guess -- that "nothing this boring could possibly be true," but I didn't hear about her realization until 4 years later.

GentlyFeral

• shamus
    shamus

I found out the truth about the truth in 1995. I am proud to be in the "true truth" since then... thanks to all the "brothers and sisters" in the lie for being so mean to me all these years. They showed me by just they're lack of love how they are not the real religion on earth. That one simple truth that I learned that day opened my eyes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit