How long have you been in the truth?

by Elsewhere 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I never was in the "Truth." I was a third generation Jehovah's Witness from the time I was born until about 18, left until I was 24, was back in until I was around 34 then left for the LAST time.

Gretchen

• redorc
    redorc

The day I turned 18 ,1977 I think. I have a question though , what is it about some of us on this board that entices us to come to places like this after so many years of not associating with dubs and having perfectly happy lives without them.Will we never forgive and forget.

red orc

• Nordic
    Nordic

Since summer 2002.

Nordic

• Sirona
    Sirona

In the lie for 11 years

In the Truth for nearly 5 (left in '99) Yipppeee!

Sirona

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

My Mom became a dub when I was five years old. My dad and his parents followed soon thereafter. I became inactive not long after leaving Bethel in the late 1980's early 1990's. Finally left the JWs for good in 1996.

Jeff S.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I was baptized in 1975. Had my awakening in the winter of 1998. Left for good December 2001. It's my 2 year anniversary!

Hapgood

• integ
    integ

I believed the crap for a while. Then I realized they're all a bunch a dicks.

• Carmel
    Carmel

...out in the spring of 1958....does that qualify for the "Moses class"?

carmel

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Ma came into it when I was 3, 1964. I knew it was a lie in 1970, when I was 9. Did my time, not with grace. Not ever baptized. Got out when I left home at 18, but still went to occasional meetings til 20. Had Stockholm Syndrome til 35, then after reading on the Internet and associating with X-Hoovers, was devastated. went to the nuthouse for awhile, and took 7 years to get where I am today.

CG

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Still in.

Planning a fade. Any ideas?!!!

Not as easy as I thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit