How long have you been in the truth?

by Elsewhere 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

And how did you learn the truth? Remember those questions? Remember how JWs would always ask you that when they met you?

Well, lets put things into perspective. We all know that the WTS does not have "the truth"... leaving the organization was part of our acquiring "the truth".

I've been in the truth since 1998.

• Valis
    Valis

November of 1988

• tink
    tink

technically, september 2001

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

....in the truth since 1992....

roughly two years after I was baptised and pledged allegiance to the organization.

• larc
    larc

I was raised in it, and left at the age of 22. I have been out for 40 years, and have enjoyed my life of being out, immensely.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I've been "out of the lie" for three years now.

CZAR

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

I wasnt in it that long, just until I was 5 so I didn't know that much...

C.C

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

I really and truly dismissed everything when I was about 14 years old. after that, I just tried to tread water til I turned 18 and could leave home. well, actually, my parents made it clear they would kick me out of the house on my 18th birthday if I wasn't baptized or going over the questions by then. I attended my last meeting a few days before I ran away, in September of 1993. if I'd only known it would be my last meeting, I would've grinned through the whole thing.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I was df'd in february this year, but still went to meetings til very recently.

• bisous
    bisous

Held in forced captivity migrating into brainwashing from age 5 to 22; always knew in the heart of my soul that it was a BIG FAT LIE.

21 years later I still suffer the ravages and impacts of cult indoctrination. Found a ray of light and hope with this site....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit