How long have you been in the truth?

by Elsewhere 46 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was a JW for almost 20 years, and I left this year.

Doubtfully Yours, good luck with the fading. That was my original plan, but I didn't have the patience for it. Once the elders started getting on my back about my inactivity I just wrote a letter.

Walter

• Undecided
    Undecided

I quit going to meetings in 1973 except for an ocassional one and married a worldy woman after a divorce to a JW. Only in the last few years have I been in the truth, if there is anything that can be called that.

Ken P.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Born and raised from 1968 till 1990 when I df'd. Served in Bethel 1987-1988. Baptized in 1984. Funny thing is I really thought it was the truth up till the time I had a couple of months in Bethel, and thats when I realized something was very wrong. After my year was up I knew this was not the "truth". My Father forced me till pioneer till I was able to leave the house which I did about 3 months after leaving Bethel with a little money I had saved up. I've been broke since then never having anything because of no education and no real job skills. My three months between leaving Bethel and leaving home I faked out everyone! Did no 90 hours a month, I spent the time looking for a apartment.

One more part to this boring story is that after moving out I quickly became inactive and starting hanging with the worng crowd, starting using drugs. After about a year later my Father says to me it would be ok to move back with him and I would not have to pioneer to live under his roof. Do you really think at this point I was going to do that?

• caligirl
    caligirl

I agree - we were in the lie before! I left the lie in 1996 after the birth of my first baby.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Out just since July of this year!

• Loris
    Loris

Woke up from the Lie in June 2002

Been in the Truth officially (Da'd) since July 2002. 37 years to the month from my baptism.

Happy Happy Joy Joy !!!!!!!!!

Loris

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

My eyes have been opened in mai this year... baptized in 1990

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've been officially in the truth since 1996. At my last meeting I gave a talk in the TMS at age 18. I never knew it would be my last meeting until I was never forced to attend another. If I would've known, I would've given a talk about something more exciting.

.....however, it depends on how you look at the whole situation. Technically, I was always in the truth since I was never baptized. If you include attending meetings, I was in the truth from 1978-1983, 1996-Present. If you count from the time I started to doubt, I would've been in the truth from 1993-Present.

I'm also not counting the JW funeral I attended in 2000(?).

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I've been out since 2000, so just about three years. Of course I was gone long before that. A friend of mine was disfellowshipped and she was pretty much the last string keeping me at meetings. It took about 5 years for me to grow the balls to just up and leave.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

2 years or so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit