Is 1914 still a major belief in JW land ? Or has it been abandoned ?

by smiddy3 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its that dangling of the carrot "paradise" is what keeps the sheeple in bondage

That perfect utopian paradise prize which aint ever coming.

Sad.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

1914 is written in stone because to JW the Messianic Kingdom was set up in heaven circa that year and is now ruling and can intervene in human affairs whenever it likes since the Gentile Times were fulfilled on that date. So, whatever happens or doesn’t happen on earth doesn’t mitigate 1914. It is there “and it will stand till time indefinite” as JW see it. So 1914 isn’t going away.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

How can we prove the Messianic kingdom was set up in heaven in 1914?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Beth Sarim: just believe me, God told me so, and if you don’t believe me, that means you’re not a true believer. The evidence is so clear, only 1 guy in the 1890s figured it out and then he started a whole religion around it, the fact people joined a religion without any evidence is evidence that it’s true, because if it weren’t true, he couldn’t have figured it out.

The JW religion is true, because the JW religion tells me so - a synopsis of every argument from Fisherman and his clones.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The JW dogma religion is true because you "know" it is slam-dunk.

Hnmmm, ok

All these JW Borg apologists share the pathetic,,foolhardy reasoning.

Its like talking to someone who has their fingers crossed behind their back just stringing you along like some stupid idiot.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

“In the days of those kings..set up a kingdom..” The scripture refers to God’s kingdom set up while earthly governments or kings are still ruling. Compared to “7x will pass over you.. God is ruler… kingdom..” JW extrapolate 1914 but not withstanding 1914 as the date, the scriptures imply a future date when God’s kingdom will rule even if you take JW and 1914 out of the equation. JW also link “Go subduing in the midsts of your enemies.” Which can be interpreted to mean God’s kingdom would be unbeknown to the governments that think they are in power. Another scripture that ties in is: “The kingdom of God is on your midsts.” All of this is ironic and poetic and insidious, checkmating and catching everybody —with or without JW and 1914.

• Alethia
    Alethia

Great, another 1914 thread for Scholar and Fish to hijack 😑

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How can we prove the Messianic kingdom was set up in heaven in 1914?”

They used to use a mathematical formula from 607BCE. You remember, time ,times ,and half a time, and all that.. I have not heard that for years , apart from my diehard old relatives who still remember it. Nowadays they just use observation and some quotes from certain writers. They list World Wars global warming etc as proof that this is the time of the end.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Alethia:

You'll see these 2 Fisherman and scholar arguing with most of anytime now trying to debate us. Hijacking this thread.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy
    Fisher: 1914 is written in stone

If the GB released an "new understanding" article tomorrow dismissing the 1914 math, 99.9% of JWs would accept it and move on, calling it a speeding up of "Jehovah's chariot".

A few decades later, articles would be written of how "at the time some in the organization believed that in 1914 blah blah....."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit