Is 1914 still a major belief in JW land ? Or has it been abandoned ?

by smiddy3 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I just wonder about this topic as it is now 109 years since that date and what was expected to take place has never happened .

• btlc
    btlc

Yep, still is, check Lesson 32 in a new Bible Course book "Enjoy Life Forever!"

God’s Kingdom Now Rules! (jw.org)

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The belief will always be there as it is Biblical. (The calculations will be argued, but the concept is totally biblical) But there is nothing to do or act on concerning it. They can't make rules about it and the GB like to make rules. If they can't make rules, what's the point of writing something?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The 1914 parousia is bogus nonsense based on a series of groundless assumptions as were the 1844 and 1874 parousias.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

1914 is a cornerstone belief of the JW dogma.

Without it....the Borg collapses in n itself faster it will make your head spin.

If 1914 collapses,,,then the ridiculous 1919 appointing of the faithful slave goes. Then the whole Borg theology collapses.

All the Borg can do is distance itself from 1914(607 fallacy) if its bogus (of course it is),,,is to mention it less,,less, and,,,,less.

Indoctrination is say something all the time. In this case,,,,in reverse to say things less,,to fade away.. Because it is a false narrative.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    1914 is a cornerstone belief of the JW dogma.
    Without it....the Borg collapses in n itself faster it will make your head spin.

I agree totally. 1914 is the excuse they use to teach that justification (and all the promises and guarantees that goes along with it) is no longer available.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

No, 1914 is not the cornerstone of Jw belief.

The cornerstone of Jw belief is Jesus Christ.

Jesus said that at the time of the harvest the weeds would separate from the wheat. That's what makes 1914 relevant to the religion. The Faithful slave existed since Pentecost, not 1919.

But other than that JWs are just Christians who look to the Bible.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@Rattigan,

JW’s believe that Jesus is really Michael the Archangel incognito.

They got the wrong Jesus…. Not Christian.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

1914 is still a core doctrine but there's nothing major about it. There's not one single teaching that really matters or that couldn't be abandoned, this isn't a doctrinally driven faith anymore.

It's a social religion. People stay for as long as they follow the rules. They can leave if they no longer want to follow those rules or be kicked out if they're caught in violation of them (I'm simplifying I know).

1914, blood, perhaps even shunning could be dropped and there would still be a core following.

Perhaps the carrot of Paradise is the one thing that couldn't go

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The Carrot of Paradise. I'm definitely claiming that 😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit