Are most people just plain stupid?

by logansrun 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

BTW- Thank you Sheila !!! I feel the same way about you !!! I love having a discussion with you !!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Aztec -- I'm working on him....LOL! He's a tough nut to crack at times.

Well since he has got one of the best working on him ( and I think thats what its gonna take) we can live in hope...

kisseees

Brummie

• Valis
    Valis

Stacy, although you are good and sassy, which I enjoy, it still isn't nice to discuss PMs. Just thought I would throw that in there....oh and this thread has gone from stupid to more stupider to stupiderer....I guess its only a matter of time for a thread to go from discussing people in general to the possible stupidity of each other...Oh the humanity!*LOL*

Sincerely,

District overbeer

• Aztec
    Aztec
    kisseees

Back atcha Brummie my luuuurrrrv!

~Aztec

• Valis
    Valis

Hey Walter, I was going to add about your moving jobs around so often. Sometimes people don't grow mentally and lose their job very often because they are stuck with their attitudes. Combine that with say bad religion and apathetic approach to life, it leads to them being confrontive in the workplace and getting canned more than often. Sheesh...really sounds like my dad truth told. Better to want to grow and explore your potential and have a lot of job experience, while looking for something satisfying or challenging no less. Than be your own worst enemy. Cheers and have afor me!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Hey Valis, I'm sure that's true about many people. I've been in my current position for 3 years now. It was getting boring, but seems to be improving, especially now that we have a professional development budget! I've only been canned once a few years ago, and that was because I brought up the matter of software license compliance to my boss. I guess it was cheaper for him to get rid of me! But I was working again 4 days later.

Many of my jobs were short term contracts prior to Y2K. It certainly gave me plenty of opportunity to learn and grow within my chosen field. The biggest problem I have from that now is I'm always having to tone down my resume. I've missed what I felt were good opportunities because potential employers often perceived me as "overqualified". GAWD, I hate that word!

But I'll have a beer for ya all right - after work!

Walter

• Valis
    Valis

Walter, I did a lot of Y2K work as well. Travelled all over the country updating BIOSs, OS's sofware packages etc...I always liked getting new assignments though. I think mostly for the interaction with new people and a challenge to me olde brain. Much like you I have something that has turned into a good thing for me, except I wish we had a real professional development budget..I just chug along and teach myself. Care to loan me some? *LOL* However, this coming year I am going to become a certified online instructor. I have to take three classes, then turn around and teach one of those same classes. Will be a challenge becuase I haven't been a student in a long time..*LOL* Have a good evening and I wish you would take back some of this cold wind though...brrr!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

No, just too lazy to do their own thinking..............as in "follow the main stream crowd" and I strongly object to you lumping new age thinking and astrology into that grouping. Might I ask, have you researched these subjects thoroughly to be able to call people who believe in them fools, or are you just into casting aspersions into the wind without any thought? i.e., were you born rude or do you work at it?

Slightly miffed,

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

If that was an apology I accept it. I'd like to add gullible and inexperienced to the list of reasons we fell for the Borg. I, myself was 14, and I was from a small town in upstate New York. I was VERY inexperienced, but, even so, my gut tried to tell me that these people were whack jobs! LOL!

Terri

• logansrun
    logansrun

sunnygal,

I strongly object to you lumping new age thinking and astrology into that grouping.

I most definitely would put them in the category of "stupid beliefs."

Ouch,

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit