Are most people just plain stupid?

by logansrun 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logansrun
    logansrun

What an audacious question! " Wow, Bradley -- How could you stoop to such levels? "

But, I want to know. Do you consider most people as simple sleepwalkers through life not paying much attention to reason, logic, science, history and a desire to understand? I find ignorance all around me it seems -- astrology, new-age beliefs, creationism, militant nationalism, irrational views of self and others. I don't believe this is some innate or genetic quality about people, mind you, just the way their life has played out and the choices they have made.

So, are most people fools?

Bradley *ducks from objects thrown at head*

• undercover
    undercover

Yes.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Duuuu Duuu Duuuuu

*Walks into brickwall*

Duuu Duuu Duuuu Duuu

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Well, Brad, you're sure good at making friends!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    So, are most people fools?

A fool and a stupid person isn't the same thing. But the choices you list don't necessarily make them fools or stupid.

But speaking of genetic problems it appears to me the dumbest people are breeding the most. So things look bad for humanity down the road doesn't it?

• Brummie
    Brummie

No, imo, most people are cool and display intellegence in different ways, I enjoy the company of most except for the arrogant ones who think they are a cut above the rest.

Cheers

Brummie

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Most people are intelligent enough I guess...I haven't had to stop too many people from walking in to walls repeatedly. That some of the people I've worked for are ignorant has amazed me...and scared me too. Common sense???It ain't all that common.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Stacey,

But the choices you list don't necessarily make them fools or stupid.

Care to elaborate on that?

Brummie,

You really don't like me do you?

B.

• tink
    tink

i don't wonder how many people out there are true idiots; there are more than enough ignorant people in this world for my taste. what i wonder is, do they consider themsleves intelligent? i never met anyone who thought they were truly stupid. i'm a pretty realistic person and i'll bet i vastly overestimate my own intelligence on a regular basis.

but i guess it depends on how you define intelligence. to me, intelligence is more than just information storage. you may be able to quote lengthy passages by obscure philosophers or scientists, but it doesn't mean you understand anything about anything.

Do you consider most people as simple sleepwalkers through life not paying much attention to reason, logic, science, history and a desire to understand?
    i just think that in this day and age it takes quite a lot of work to scrape out a decent existence. speaking purely about the people i know best personally, i would say that most of them are preoccupied with making a living. intellectual speculation which serves no material purpose is a luxury they don't have. it all reminds me of thoreau's observation as paraphrased in fight club - the things that you own end up owning you. i don't think it helps much that there is such a preoccupation with "stuff" in our culture. things are important to us, and we'll spend eight hours a day working a boring/thankless/unchallenging job in order to acquire more things. and i think i'm getting off-topic so ....end of ramble. sorry, that's probably a completely confusing, scatterbrained post. you'll have to forgive me; i'm working my boring/thankless/unchallenging job right now :-P
  • Brummie
    Brummie
    Brummie,

You really don't like me do you?

My, whatever gave you that impression?

addmittingly your posts are flamin miserable sometimes but no doubt you aint a bad kid at heart...:) Friends?

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit