What Fav Christmas songs....fluff

by Brummie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

If you was to put a Christmas CD together to get you in the festive mood what songs would you put on it?

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? Winterwonderland?....lol

Slade? Wizard? Mariah Carey? Bebe & Cece? John Lennon?

I'm trying to compose a cd that'll keep the season bright so whats your all time fav?

Brummie

• Angharad
    Angharad

The Pogues - Fairytale of New York

also like Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt

• Brummie
    Brummie

I didnt know Eartha Kitt sang that...I'm a bit slow, only just downloaded Whams "last Christmas" (but dont tell anyone I downloaded that ok?).

• Angharad
    Angharad

LOL I think it was but I may be wrong, I think Marilyn Monroe sang it too.

I like Stop the Cavalry by Jona Lewie too.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Every Christmas I seem to finish up leading the pub in the singing of Black Lace's "I am the Music Man". By the fifth time we're normally zooming around with arms extended to the bit with the Dambusters.

Englishman.

• missylissy
    missylissy

i dont know what it is...i think its his voice i like so much. but i love Winter wonderland, and Let it Snow, sang by Bing Crosby (mom said he was one of my grand parents favortie singers) but i just love those 2 christmas songs sang by him.

-missy

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am looking for a Bing Crosby Christmas CD, but just don't want to go to the Mall. I may have to break down. I hear his songs on the radio all the time, and they are just the best.

I have an Anne Murray CD too, and she is so easy to listen to. I personally love The Christmas Song ("chestnuts roasting on an open fire.....") and Oh Holy Night. I know that one is a religious one, but I just love the song, the words and the music. Josh Groban sang it on TV last year, and was probably the best version I've heard, but it's on all my Christmas CD's too, including one by Charlotte Church, who just has an amazing voice. It was recorded when she was 15. What a gift.

Carolers

My cell phone plays Jingle Bell Rock when it rings.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I think it's called drummer boy........ pah rumb pah rumb pummm

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Oh Holy Night and What Child Is This are my fav hymns

There's a "Latinized" version of "The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" that I really like too.

Chestnuts Roasting is great.

I sing Christmas songs all year long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit