I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

This is just like most theist attempts at any debate that involves science: try to throw uncertainty into the mix and point out the lack of absolute proof one way or the other and assume that then makes all arguments equally valid.

Resort to "the magical unicorn did it, all praise him" when pressed for details.

Kate: can you prove the Care Bears didn't create the universe? If not, then there is an equal chance that they did instead of your god.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    KateWild-"Yes you're right. That's why I don't do that. I haven't done that in this thread. I clearly gave details about why we can draw different conclusions based on the same scientific evidence. I did not refuse to engage at all."

So why not humour K99 and notsurwwherwtogo and answer what they want, even if they are trying to 'prove you wrong'? What harm could it do?

Then we could all be enlightened on what is a very interesting topic.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Genuine interest?... in what?

Prove you wrong? What's wrong with that? That's how science advances.

All they ask is why you arrive at your conclusion. However I do think you arrived before you started your research.

That's my conclusion... you can come to your conclusion from a diferent perspective and thats ok.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Kate: can you prove the Care Bears didn't create the universe? If not, then there is an equal chance that they did instead of your god. - Simon

lol hahaha. Actually I can. There is a peer reviewed paper on the internet, that described how the care bears were created and the fact that the experiment of 2000 care bears ability to produce a flower from sand resulted in 100% of them being unsuccessful. Therefore the scientists concluded they did not create the universe.

Very interesting have a read

https://www.themittani.com/features/creation-carebears-risk-and-new-players?nopaging=1

• KateWild
    KateWild
    So why not humour K99 and notsurwwherwtogo and answer what they want- Giles

I did

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If you come to opposite different conclusions based on the evidence. That invalidates using that evidence for any conclusion.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    That's my conclusion... you can come to your conclusion from a diferent perspective and thats ok. - cyberjesus

That's basically what Simon said too. And I can't say I am without bias, we are all bias to some degree

• KateWild
    KateWild
    If you come to opposite different conclusions based on the evidence. That invalidates using that evidence for any conclusion. - cyberjesus

This is true, and evidence is subjective too, some people see things as evidence that others do not. I base my conclusions on what I see as evidence. Some people agree with me and some don't. I don't think anybody's conclusion is definitive though, especially not mine.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    KateWild-"I did."

You didn't. They asked you numerous times for more details. You refrained because you didn't wish to be "proven wrong".

It's obviouse Kate that's what you feared, evident to everyone reading this thread.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Giles you are not being specific. I explained my conclusion and they didn't feel it was an explanation. But I did. My OP explains my conclusions to my satisfaction. If it doesn't satisfy some people that's okay.

I only started this thread because K99 asked me a question. So I answered it. We have both been here for a while and had lot's of communication. We are online friends and respect each other.

I think I have answered everyone to my satisfaction.

Simon, if I am annoying you or irritating you in any way feel free to lock or delete the thread.

I am logging off now, so if anyone else has anymore questions or points I will reply next time I am online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit